MINNEAPOLIS, April 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Minnesota chapter of the Business Marketing Association (BMA-Minnesota) will host a May event on how to give you and your company an online makeover. A panel of online marketing and web development experts will discuss the transition from an informational web to a social web and share practical suggestions for how you can take action.
The panel of experts:
- Jonathan Anderstrom, Founder and President, St. Paul-based Creed Interactive
- Karin Khuhro, Panel Moderator and Founder of Strategy E-ssentials, Inc.
- Dan Platt, Online Marketing Manager, Tennant Company
- Paul Unglaub,Online Marketing Manager, Entellus Medical, Inc.
"It is no longer effective to share content in a static, online brochure format," said Jonathon Anderstrom, founder and president, Creed Interactive. "Marketers must fully leverage digital channels to engage new and existing customers."
As an attendee you will learn how to:
- Build a core value of knowledge, training, expertise and tools via digital channels into your products and services
- Create content that is valuable to your stakeholders that will actually get shared on the web
- Leverage existing tools to change your website from a static brochure to an engaging and relevant communication tool
- View digital channels as a process rather than just a project
- Engage in online communities that have a meaningful and measurable impact for both your company and you as a professional.
In addition to augmenting a company's online presence, many marketing and communications professionals are looking for a personal "online makeover." LinkedIn is a powerful B2B social network that requires knowledge, dedication and time to use effectively. Those who master it have reported sales in the six digits as a direct result of their engagement with the tool and their connections.
In this workshop, certified social media manager Angie Glotzbach will teach proven strategies to amplify your Linkedin presence. Whether you're looking to improve your connections, gain visibility, attract opportunities or showcase your expertise, you will find your answers during this hands-on workshop.
Attendees will learn to:
- Develop, nurture & utilize your personal connections
- Use keywords for better contacts
- Post the right content, to the right people, at the right time
- Effectively use settings, apps and "hidden" tools
The event will be held on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, at the Metropolitan Ballroom in Golden Valley, Minn. Breakfast and networking will begin at 7:30 a.m., followed by a panel session from 8 to 9 a.m. and a hands-on workshop from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
BMA-Minnesota members $39 / Guests $72. A limited number of walk-up registrations are available. Attendees can register online at www.bmaminnesota.org through May 11, 2012. A limited number of walk-up registrations are available.
About Business Marketing Association
Business Marketing Association is the leading professional resource for business-to-business marketers and communicators. The organization develops and delivers services, information, skill enhancement, and networking opportunities that help its members grow, develop and succeed throughout their marketing careers. For more information on BMA-Minnesota, visit www.bmaminnesota.org.