NEW YORK, July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Books-A-Million Inc. (NASDAQ :BAMM ). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BAMM
Highlights from our BAMM Report include:
- Strategic Acquisition - On July 13, 2015, Books-A-Million, Inc. reported that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by a newly organized entity owned by the Anderson Family, including Clyde B. Anderson, Executive Chairman of the Company, and related persons and entities, for a total value of c.$21 million.
- Terms of the Agreement - As per the terms of the deal, Books-A-Million shareholders will receive $3.25 in cash for each share of Books-A-Million common stock. The offered price represents a premium of 93% over the trading price for common shares on January 29, 2015, when the Anderson family first proposed to take the company private, and a premium of 23% over the closing trading price on July 13, 2015. Further, the transaction will be financed through a combination of the contributions of the Company's shares owned by the Anderson Family and any management rollover participants and borrowings of c.$21 million under the company's existing credit facilities.
- Recommendations from the Special Committee - Books-A-Million's Board of Directors formed a special committee of directors to evaluate a potential deal and negotiate the terms of the offer. No Anderson family members were part of that committee and the family recused itself from voting on the deal. The Company agreed to the deal after this Special Committee concluded that the transaction with the Anderson Family on the negotiated terms and at an acceptable price was fair and in the best interests of the Company's public shareholders (other than the Anderson Family shareholders and members of management rolling over their shares to the purchasing entity).
- Management View - Commenting upon the acquisition, Clyde B. Anderson, the Company's Executive Chairman, stated that the transaction is a positive result for everyone, most importantly the Company's shareholders. He added that the Special Committee and its advisors have done a thorough job to assure that the agreement is fair and balanced, and all terms and conditions are arms' length.
- Legal and Financial Advisory Panel - The release also informed that Houlihan Lokey is acting as financial advisor while King & Spalding LLP is the legal consultant to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Books-A-Million. Further, Latham & Watkins LLP is acting as legal advisor to Books-A-Million, Inc. and Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP is providing legal counsel to the Anderson Family.
To find out how this influences our rating on Books-A-Million Inc., read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=BAMM
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.