CINCINNATI, Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Bossa Nova, the Superfruit Company, today announced that all five varieties of its acai juice beverages have received organic certification from Quality Assurance International (QAI). Bossa Nova acai berry juice beverages with new organic labels will hit stores across the country early next year.
"Earning organic certification for our acai juice beverages was a natural progression in our commitment to quality," said Mark Ozimek, Bossa Nova brand manager. "As the pioneer that brought clarified acai juice to the U.S., we are excited to take this step to further underscore the natural goodness of our beverages to consumers."
What Do Consumers Want?
According to recent consumer insights from Mintel, a leading international research firm, 59 percent of consumers say they are interested in organic products.(1) In addition, 62 percent of consumers say they plan to eat healthier in the upcoming year, but many complain that healthier food does not taste as good.(2)
Capturing the Truth of the Fruit
To ensure great taste and optimal nutrition, Bossa Nova uses acai berries that are turned into pulp within 14 hours of harvesting. The acai berries are picked by hand and harvested from sustainably grown acai palm trees in the Brazilian Amazon rainforest.
Bossa Nova has always been committed to using organic ingredients and to further its dedication to the truth of the fruit now offers the following "certified organic" acai juice beverage flavors:
- Acai Original (Available in 10-oz. and 32-oz. bottles)
- Acai Blueberry (Available in 10-oz. and 32-oz. bottles)
- Acai Raspberry (Available in 10-oz. bottles)
- Acai Mango (Available in 10-oz. bottles)
- Acai Passionfruit (Available in 10-oz. bottles)
About Bossa Nova
The Bossa Nova Superfruit Juice Company researches, explores and delivers nature's most potent superfruits. Headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, Bossa Nova introduced its antioxidant-rich acai juice in the North American market in 2005. In 2008, Bossa Nova broadened its product line to include 10 total superfruit flavors: Acai Original, Acai Blueberry, Acai Mango, Acerola Mango, Acai Passionfruit, Acai Raspberry, Acerola Red Peach, Mangosteen Passionfruit, Mangosteen Dragonfruit, and Goji Berry Tart Cherry. Beverages Holdings, LLC, acquired Bossa Nova in 2009, enabling the company to take advantage of its world class supply chain and manufacturing practices. Available in 10-oz. and 32-oz. bottles, Bossa Nova superfruit juice beverages are calorie-conscious and lightly sweetened with low-glycemic agave. For more information, including where to purchase Bossa Nova products, please visit www.bossausa.com. Become a Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/BossaNova.
(1) Mintel. (2010, March) Consumer Attitudes Toward Natural and Organic Food and Beverage. Retrieved from Mintel: http://oxygen.mintel.com/sinatra/oxygen/search_results/show&/display/id=482491
(2) Mintel Menu Insights. (2010, November) Restaurants will have to serve two masters in 2011: the government and their customers. Retrieved from Mintel: http://www.mintel.com/press-centre/press-releases/620/restaurants-will-have-to-serve-two-masters-in-2011-the-government-and-their-customers
SOURCE Bossa Nova, the Superfruit Company