MONROE TOWNSHIP, N.J., Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bracco Diagnostics Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Bracco Imaging S.p.A., a global leading company in the diagnostic imaging business, today announced a review of key milestones the company has achieved this year in diagnostic imaging and contrast media that reinforces its commitment to providing innovative products to the healthcare community.
"As a leader in the imaging marketplace, we are committed to the discovery and development of imaging agents and solutions aimed at providing quality products and services that enhance diagnostic efficacy, patient safety and cost effectiveness," said Fulvio Renoldi Bracco, Head of Global Business Unit Imaging at Bracco Imaging. "Our work continues to demonstrate Bracco's commitment to innovation and to providing solutions that address the evolving needs of patients."
The following summary provides a snapshot of major milestones impacting Bracco this year:
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and recent launch of the first and only syringe-less power injector in the U.S., designed to streamline workflow and improve patient care for computed tomography (CT)
- The company received the first U.S. FDA approval for contrast enhanced ultrasonography of the liver in adult and pediatric patients; first ultrasound contrast agent approved for use in pediatrics in the world. This year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services approved coverage and coding for abdominal ultrasound with contrast under the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- The company received the first and only U.S. FDA approvals of two of its barium-based products (one for CT; one for contrast radiography)
- The company received an Innovative Technology Designation from Vizient for its injectable suspension for contrast echocardiography
- Virtual colonoscopy received highest grade by The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force as an alternative screening tool in detecting colorectal cancer after finding that computed tomography colonography was proven to reduce the incidence and mortality of colorectal cancer, the second deadliest cancer in the U.S. Bracco markets the latest innovative CO2 insufflator and a stool marker, or "fecal tagging" agent, for CT colonoscopy.
"We are very proud of our accomplishments so far this year, which are all aimed at improving the diagnostic performance of medical imaging procedures and helping healthcare professionals deliver quality care to their patients," said Alberto Spinazzi, MD, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Medical and Regulatory Affairs, Bracco Group. "Effective, safe, and high quality diagnostic imaging is key for medical decision-making, and we will continue to research and develop innovative ways to meet the demands of the evolving diagnostic imaging sector."
About Bracco Imaging
Bracco Imaging S.p.A., part of the Bracco Group, is one of the world's leading companies in the diagnostic imaging business. Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Bracco Imaging develops, manufactures and markets diagnostic imaging agents and solutions that meet medical needs.
Bracco Imaging offers a product and solution portfolio for all key diagnostic imaging modalities: X-ray Imaging (including Computed Tomography-CT, Interventional Radiology, and Cardiac Catheterization), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS), and Nuclear Medicine through radioactive tracers. The diagnostic imaging portfolio is completed by a range of medical devices and advanced administration systems for contrast imaging products.
The Company operates in over 100 markets worldwide, either directly or indirectly, through subsidiaries, joint ventures, licenses and distribution partnership agreements. With on-going research covering all key modalities, Bracco Imaging has a strong presence in key geographies: North America, Europe and Japan operating through the Joint Venture Bracco-Eisai Co. Ltd. The Company also operates in Brazil, South Korea, and China through the Joint Venture Bracco Sine Pharmaceutical Corp. Ltd.
Operational investments have been made in order to achieve top quality, compliant and sustainable eco-friendly production. Manufacturing activities are located in Italy, Switzerland, Japan, China, and Germany.
Bracco Imaging is an innovative Research and Development (R&D) structure with an efficient process oriented approach and a track record of innovation in the diagnostic imaging industry. R&D activities are managed in the three Research Centers located in Italy, Switzerland, and the USA.
To learn more about Bracco Imaging, visit www.braccoimaging.com.
Kimberly Gerweck Bracco
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bracco-showcases-its-commitment-to-diagnostic-imaging-to-improve-patient-care-and-clinical-outcomes-at-the-2016-radiological-society-of-north-america-annual-meeting-rsna-300366825.html
SOURCE Bracco Diagnostics Inc.