LOS ANGELES, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Brad Paisley, Barack Obama, Dr. Oz, Jon Bon Jovi and David Beckham are just a few of the front runners and top vote-getters for the 2012 "Big Daddy Awards" leading into the final week of online voting. Fans can participate in the "Big Daddy Awards," an awards show held exclusively online for top celebrity dad picks in 33 categories that encompass film, television, music, comedy, sports and more.
Voting continues this week through Father's Day on Sunday, June 17 at www.bigdaddyawards.com. The winners will be announced on Monday, June 18.
In association with "On The Line," a national prostate cancer awareness campaign, the "Big Daddy Awards" honor celebrity fathers in fun and unique categories.
Top celebrity dads currently running neck and neck as we go into the last week of voting, include:
- Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman and Matt Damon for "Current Movie Dad Big Daddy"
- David Beckham and Will Smith for "Best Dressed Big Daddy"
- Brad Paisley and Keith Urban for "Country Big Daddy"
- Jon Bon Jovi and James Hetfield for "Rock On Big Daddy"
- Bill Gates and Donald Trump for "Business Mogul Big Daddy"
- Bruce Jenner and Ozzy Osbourne for "Reality TV Big Daddy"
- George Stephanopoulos and Matt Lauer for "Morning TV Show Big Daddy"
- Jimmy Kimmel and David Letterman for "Late Night TV Show Big Daddy"
- Patrick Monahan and Lionel Richie for "Top Pop Big Daddy"
- LeBron James and Tim Duncan for "Pro Hoops Big Daddy"
- Bubba Watson and Luke Donald for "Pro Golf Big Daddy"
- Mario Lopez/Extra and Joel McHale/The Soup for "Entertainment TV Talk Show Host Big Daddy"
- Bela Karolyi and Doc Rivers for "Coaching Big Daddy"
- Jim Carrey and Robin Williams for "Funny Man Big Daddy"
- Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson for "Tough Guy Big Daddy"
- Ed O'Neill and Homer Simpson for "Current TV Dad Big Daddy"
- Bobby Flay and Gordon Ramsay for "Hottest Thing in the Kitchen Big Daddy"
- Robert De Niro and Nelson Mandela for "On The Line – Prostate Cancer Survivor Big Daddy"
President Obama leads for "Presidential Candidate Big Daddy."
Fans will also be able to vote for their favorite TV greats including Andy Griffith, Hugh Beaumont, Bill Cosby, Michael Landon, Ray Romano and George Lopez for "TV Dad Hall of Fame Big Daddy." "The Biggest Daddy of the Year Award" will go to the dad with the most votes overall. For a full list of nominees, click here.
"Big Daddy" celebrity nominees who have stepped up to support the cause include Lil Wayne, Dr. Drew, Mario Lopez, Pat Monahan, Mario Batali, George Stephanopolous/Good Morning America and Mark Steines/Entertainment Tonight. As well as Steve Doocy/FOX & Friends/FOX News, Wolfgang Puck, Kevin Frazier/Trish Suhr/The Insider and Helio Castroneves.
The "Big Daddy Awards" was created by Michael Burg, Creator/Co-Executive Producer of the FOX Teen Choice Awards, in conjunction with On The Line. The show was launched as a unique opportunity to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer programs and cure research.
In addition to voting for their favorite "Big Daddy," fans can show their support by making a donation in honor of their father or a loved one by logging onto www.onthelinefoundation.org. Voters are invited to share a Father's Day family photo in the Big Daddy gallery and to spread the word via their social networks to encourage friends and family to vote and donate.
The 2012 "Big Daddy Awards" is the first in a series of philanthropic initiatives that On The Line will be rolling out this year to support the cause. Fans are encouraged to join the Big Daddy Awards community on Facebook and Twitter.
On The Line Teammates: The On The Line campaign draws on expertise from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the world's leading professional organization representing doctors who care for people with cancer. On The Line has enlisted teammates ZERO — The Project to End Prostate Cancer, Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education & Support Network, Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC), and the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) to serve as local and community resources and networks.
On The Line Foundation: The On The Line Foundation raises funds to support prostate cancer education programs and research initiatives for finding a cure for the disease. The Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the On The Line campaign– an awareness and education initiative that provides resources to men who have been recently diagnosed with prostate cancer or are living with the disease. On The Line Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization.
On The Line Founding Sponsors: The On The Line prostate cancer campaign is made possible in part by the contributions of campaign sponsors committed to the well-being of patients with cancer and their families. With longstanding histories of discovering and developing treatments for those living with cancer, founding sponsors Amgen and Sanofi US are both committed to a collaborative effort that encourages men to take charge of their health.
Edge Health: The creator of On The Line, Edge Health, is an entertainment and branding entity that focuses on creating healthcare messaging for the consumer. To learn more, visit www.edgehealth.com.
SOURCE On The Line Foundation