TOKYO, March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- British athletes preparing to perform best in competitive games will get quality sleep, thanks to British Athletics' partnership with airweave. They recently signed and agreed to provide British Athletics with a supply of mattresses from 2016 through to 2020 to help support the athletes.
The scientifically supported mattress allows for more restful slumber through its ergonomic, breathable design, and high resilience which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking.
Neil Black, British Athletics Performance Director, said: "World-class sleep strategies form a significant part of our championships preparation each year and it is essential from a performance point of view that we can support our athletes' recovery from training and between championship rounds. It's great to work with a partner who can directly impact on this crucial area. Even a small percentage improvement on performance can make a significant difference on the day of competition."
"airweave is extremely proud of our ongoing relationships with athletes around the world. We are excited to partner with British Athletics, extending our support to help British athletes to get rest and quality of sleep they need to be at the top of their game," said Motokuni Takaoka, CEO and president of airweave. "Our product has been chosen by high-performing athletes for its features backed by ongoing sleep studies." In fact, nearly 33% of all medaling athletes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic teams supported by airweave portable DUAL MODE mattresses.
Founded in 2007, airweave, a mattress brand, has been offering comfortable support for the best possible quality sleep. Just by laying on top of the pre-existing mattress, the scientifically supported ultra-thin mattress will bring more restful slumber through its ergonomic, breathable design, and high resilience which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. In 2014, Motokuni Takaoka, the founder and CEO of airweave, brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales, and in February 2015, airweave opened its first flagship store in Manhattan's SoHo district. airweave is available in other regions as well such as mainland China, Singapore and Taiwan with further business expansion around the world being envisioned.
airweave is enhancing the daily life and athletic performance of its users, which include:
- Several national Olympic delegations including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33% of the medaling athletes at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic teams to which airweave supplied mattresses. In the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, airweave will provide specially customized mattresses for Team USA athletes;
- Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters Champion Bubba Watson and U.S. Olympic Gold medalist ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White;
- Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave mattresses;
- Students at the Royal Ballet School in London where airweave mattresses have been introduced to their younger students at the White Lodge dormitory;
- More than 500 students of the IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave mattresses. (Sleep research has been conducted at the academy to measure the effect of airweave mattresses on individual athletic performance.);
- First and business class passengers of Japan Airlines international flights;
- Guests at high-end hotels, such as all diamond suites of Hotel Hermitage Monte Carlo, Andaz on Fifth Avenue and The Kitano New York.
For more information, visit airweave.com.
Four benefits of airweave mattress:
1. Highly resilient bedding material allows you to turn over more easily and maintain deeper sleep.
2. Excellent dispersion of body pressure prevents physical strain and minimizes peak pressure points.
3. Breathability of core material helps to dissipate heat and moisture generated by the body during sleep.
4. Mattress cover and core material are easily washable with water.
SOURCE airweave holdings inc.