LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Acetic acid or ethanoic acid is one of the simplest carboxylic acids with a strong, sour and pungent smell.
It is commonly known in every household as the key ingredient of vinegar. It is, however, also an important feedstock used in the manufacturing process of various other industrial chemicals ranging from synthetic polymers to esters.
The report has segmented the global acetic acid market on the basis of its end-uses:
- Acetic acid is used during the manufacturing process of a number of products such as dye stuffs, perfumes, synthetic fibers, textiles, inks, dyes, soft drink bottles, rubbers, plastics, pesticides, wood glues, photographic films, etc.
- Moreover, acetic acid is also used as a food additive and solvent for many industrial processes.
- Its largest end-user is the vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) manufacturing industry which accounts for around a third of the total global consumption.
- Other segments with high consumption of acetic acid include - purified terephthalic acid, acetic anhydride, ethyl acetate and butyl acetate manufacturing industries.
The report has also provided a geographical segmentation:
- Asia represents the biggest producer, accounting for the majority of the total global production.
- Asia is followed by North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Currently, the biggest importing countries of acetic acid include Belgium, India, Mexico, Germany and Brazil.
- The United States, on the other hand, represents the world's largest exporter of acetic acid.
The report has also analyzed the key players operating in the acetic acid market:
- The largest manufacturer of acetic acid is British Petroleum Chemicals accounting for around a third of the total global production.
- British Petroleum Chemicals is followed by Celanese, Shanghai Wujing, Jiangsu Sopo and Reliance.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/british-petroleum-chemicals-accounted-largest-manufacturer-of-acetic-acid-globally-300457922.html