INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- First lauded by discerning designers and homeowners for its integrated, hidden pull-down wand, the Brizo® Solna® collection continues to expand with the articulating faucet, a culinary-driven innovation, available for shipment September 2015.
The articulating faucet expands upon the crisp, contemporary lines inspired by Scandinavian furniture with the timeless design and definitive functionality of an architect lamp. A clever twist to the classic pull-down architecture, the articulating faucet offers enhanced efficiency for both professional and home chefs.
"The beauty of the articulating faucet is how well it directs water where you need it; it can be positioned at various heights and angles to help make tasks simple and is easy to maneuver," said Celine Garland, Brizo product designer. "The highly-functional form of the faucet is logical and instinctive, and highlights the sleek, tubular design of the Brizo Solna kitchen collection."
"Through our work with professional chefs and culinary enthusiasts, we understand how many varied tasks take place in and around the kitchen sink," said Sarah Schlifke, Brizo product manager. "The articulating faucet offers a much wider range of movement than traditional pull-downs without taking up more space."
When the 2-function spray wand is undocked, a user can freely move the wand to aim water in any direction in and around the sink. When docked, the wand stays securely in place with Brizo MagneDock® Technology, a patented, state-of-the-art magnetic docking system which keeps the spray head perfectly aligned. This freedom of movement allows for enhanced use, streamlined functionality and endless possibilities.
About the Solna kitchen collection
- In addition to its new articulating model, the Solna kitchen faucet collection features single-hole, single-handle pull-out and pull-down kitchen and bar/prep configurations.
- Optional SmartTouch® Technology
- Solna single-hole, single-handle pull-down kitchen and prep faucets are available with SmartTouch Technology.
- The Brizo brand's exclusive, first-to-market technology allows you to activate the water flow with a simple touch to the faucet body, spout or handle.
- The touch-sensitive faucet can keep water at a constant temperature and pressure from task to task.
- This unique functionality makes it easy to activate the water flow only when needed, helping to reduce water usage.
- MagneDock® magnetic docking technology
- MagneDock magnetic docking technology is included on Solna articulating faucets, as well as the single-hole, single-handle pull-down kitchen and prep faucets.Utilizing a powerful magnet to securely lock the wand into the faucet spout, MagneDock Technology makes the wand extremely easy to engage and disengage and allows the Solna faucet to maintain its clean, sleek appearance when the wand is docked.
- Water Efficient
- As a WaterSense® partner, Brizo is committed to working with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to encourage efficient use of water resources and actively protect the future of our nation's water supply. The Solna collection meets the EPA WaterSense requirements, offering a maximum flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute at 60 pounds per square inch.
- DIAMOND™ Seal Technology
- DIAMOND Seal Technology combines a durable DIAMOND™ Valve with InnoFlex® PEX waterways. The valve requires no lubrication, eliminates wear on seals, and ensures "like new" operation for the life of the faucet, lasting up to 10 times the industry standard.1 The InnoFlex waterways eliminate potential leak points and are less hassle to install.
The full collection is offered in Polished Chrome, Brilliance® Stainless and Matte Black finishes. Matte White and Brilliance® Brushed Bronze finishes are also available on both pull-down models. To locate a showroom, visit: http://www.brizo.com/wheretobuy/index.html.
About the Brizo® Brand
Brizo is a luxury fittings brand for those who understand that fashion isn't only about the clothes they wear – it's a lifestyle. The Brizo product team designs and crafts distinctive kitchen and bath suites that artfully blend form and function, transforming minds, moods and spaces. This approach has elevated the Brizo brand and its fashion-forward collections, many of which have been recognized by various outlets and organizations, including Design Journal with its Adex Gold Award™ and the Red Dot Award™. Rooted in fashion and design, the Brizo brand has been a primary sponsor for fashion designer Jason Wu since 2006 and a national sponsor of the St. Jude Dream Home® Giveaway since 2010. Brizo is the luxury brand of fittings and accessories within the portfolio of Delta Faucet Company, a WaterSense® manufacturer partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Brizo products are available exclusively through fine kitchen and bath showrooms. For more information or to locate a showroom, visit www.brizo.com or call 877-345-BRIZO (2749).
1 Based on ASME 112.18.1 standard of 500,000 cycles.