BRIDGEWATER, N.J., July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation, a leader in business technology, today announced the expansion of its popular Business Smart™ Series with the introduction of the MFC-J4420DW, a color inkjet all-in-one designed for Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) users.
Brother is improving upon the technology of first generation Business Smart™ Series models by boosting print speeds to up to 20ppm black and 18ppm color2 - giving the MFC-J4420DW the fastest print speeds available in its class.3 Brother is also including an easy-to-use 2.7" Color TouchScreen Display in the MFC-J4420DW, and introducing it at a lower price point than previously-released comparable Business Smart™ Series all-in-ones.
In addition to these improvements, the MFC-J4420DW provides SOHO users with the Ultimate Combination of features most important to their business: low printing costs, mobile device connectivity, and up to 11" x 17" printing.
To help SOHO users keep their printing budgets in check, the MFC-J4420DW can be used with Super High-yield ink cartridges4 that print approximately 1,200 pages5 black and 1,200 pages5 color. This helps reduce cost per page, which can be critical in higher volume printing SOHO environments. Users can realize further reductions in cost per page by purchasing inks in money-saving multi-packs.4
With smartphones and tablets becoming increasingly more important in small and home offices, Brother makes it simple and convenient for users to print from and scan to a large number of compatible devices, including Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, and Windows® Phone mobile devices. Connect to the MFC-J4420DW via AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, the free Brother™ iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Cortado Workplace.6
And for SOHO users who have a periodic need to print ledger-sized business documents like spreadsheets and marketing literature, the MFC-J4420DW provides 11" x 17" printing via its single-sheet manual bypass.
"With the expansion and improved pricing of our award-winning Business Smart™ Series, it's easier than ever for a customer to find the ideal color inkjet all-in-one for the home office or small office," said Eric Dahl, Brother Director of Marketing for SOHO products. "By committing to low-cost printing, mobile device connectivity, and versatile paper handling, we're making owning an innovative, hard-working Brother Inkjet All-in-One accessible to SOHO customers who are keeping a careful eye on their budget."
MFC-J4420DW Color Inkjet all-in-one key features:
- Fastest in class print speeds up to 20ppm black /18ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734)
- Low-cost printing when using optional Super High-yield replacement ink cartridges4 that print approximately 1,200 pages5 black, and 1,200 pages5 color
- Mobile device printing6 from compatible Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, or Windows® Phone mobile device. Print via AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, the free Brother™ iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct® or Cortado Workplace
- Innovative Landscape Print Technology stores and feeds paper in a landscape orientation for a space-saving, desk-friendly design
- Print on paper up to 11" x 17" via the single-sheet bypass tray
- 150-sheet paper tray capacity for paper up to 8.5" x 11"
- Up to 20-sheet Automatic Document Feeder for unattended multi-page scanning, copying and faxing
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- 2.7" Color TouchScreen Display with Web Connect lets you scan to popular cloud services including DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, BOX, ONEDRIVE®, ONENOTE® and more7
- Free Brother Cloud Apps let you capture and convert documents directly from your machine8
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Two-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product
- Estimated street price $169.991
In addition to the MFC-J4420DW, Brother will be introducing the MFC-J4620DW, which adds NFC "touch to connect" printing and scanning9 as well as a 3.7" Color TouchScreen Display at $179.991. Brother is also introducing the MFC-J4320DW at $149.991, which shares the functionality of the MFC-J4420DW, but without an auto document feeder. For more information on the Business Smart™ Series, visit www.brother.com. For more information on the mobile device printing and cloud connectivity functions of Brother Printers and All-in-Ones, visit www.connectprintshare.com.
Apple and AirPrint are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Apple permissions. Android and Google Drive are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google permissions. Kindle, Kindle Fire, and Amazon are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Windows Phone and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Windows permissions. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under license.
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
Working with you for a better environment
At Brother, our green initiative is simple. We strive to take responsibility, act respectfully and try to make a positive difference, to help build a society where sustainable development can be achieved. We call this approach Brother Earth.
- Estimated street price, prices may vary.
- PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode and excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO-based speed is based on ISO/IEC 24734. See www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
- Based on competing in-class inkjet models with an estimated street price of $149 - $299. Competitive data gathered from manufacturer websites and third party industry sources (as of February 2014).
- Additional purchase required.
- Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. For more page information see www.brother.com/pageyield.
- Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.connectprintshare.com for details, availability and compatibility.
- Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service. See www.connectprintshare.com for details.
- Requires Internet connection.
- See http://www.brother-usa.com/nfc for a list of compatible mobile devices.
SOURCE Brother International Corporation