BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation, a global leader in business technology, today introduced a new line of monochrome laser printers and all-in-ones for the Small Office and Home Office (SOHO) market, adding to the line that included their award-winning, best-selling HL-2270DW printer. While these new models boast notable upgrades, Brother has maintained the suggested retail price points that helped make them popular with SOHO users.
"Models from our award-winning monochrome laser printers and all-in-ones have been celebrated by our customers time and again for their quality output, reliability, and attractive price points," said Eric Dahl, Brother Director of Marketing for SOHO products. "We're proud to introduce the next generation of these products, which offer greater value through enhanced wireless setup, mobile device connectivity, and print speeds – all while maintaining the pricing that makes them accessible to nearly any SOHO budget."
One of the primary upgrades to the single-function printers is the inclusion of a one-line LCD display that prompts users with instructions for connecting to a wireless network, and also improves menu navigation. Brother has also made automatic duplex printing standard on every model to allow for quick printing of multiple and multi-page documents.
Select all-in-one models2 add a 2.7" TouchScreen Display that further enhances setup and navigation and includes the Brother Web Connect interface, allowing users to scan to and print from a number of popular cloud services without using a computer.3 These new models support AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, the Brother™ iPrint&Scan mobile app, Wi-Fi Direct®, and Cortado Workplace.4 This gives users a variety of choices for easily printing from compatible Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, Windows® Phone, or Blackberry® devices.4
All of the new mono laser models maintain the reliable performance and professional, high-quality printing that made their predecessors popular to SOHO consumers, now with an improved print speed of up to 32ppm. The compact, desk-friendly footprint allows for use in the home office, school workspace or small office.
HL-L2360DW Monochrome Laser Printer key features:
- Easy 802.11b/g/n wireless configuration using new one-line LCD display
- Connect to a wired network via Ethernet port or to a single computer via Hi-Speed USB port
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Fast, high-quality printing up to 32ppm
- Mobile device printing4 from compatible Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, or Windows® Phone device.
- High-yield replacement toner cartridge5 prints up to 2,600 pages6 to help reduce cost per page
- Compact, desk-friendly design
- 250-sheet capacity paper tray adjusts to hold letter or legal paper
- One-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product
- Estimated street price $149.991
Brother will also be introducing the HL-L2320D, without the LCD display, Ethernet port, wireless networking, or mobile device printing and with print speeds up to 30ppm at $119.99.1 The HL-L2380DW, available for $199.991 includes the features of the HL-L2360DW, plus convenience copying and scanning, as well as a 2.7" TouchScreen Display with Web Connect3 and Free Brother Cloud Apps7.
MFC-L2740DW Monochrome Laser All-in-One key features:
Includes all of the features of the HL-L2360DW listed above, plus:
- Print/copy/scan/fax, as well as single-pass duplex copying, scanning, and faxing through the 35-page capacity automatic document feeder
- High-quality color scanning to a variety of destinations including FTP, Microsoft® SharePoint®8
- 2.7" Color TouchScreen Display with Web Connect that lets you scan to popular cloud services including DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, ONEDRIVE®, ONENOTE® and more3
- Free Brother Cloud Apps let you capture and convert documents directly from your machine7
- Estimated street price $299.991
Brother will also be introducing the MFC-L2700DW at $199.991, with a two-line LCD display, print/copy speed up to 27ppm and without single-pass duplex copy/scan/fax. The MFC-L2720DW, available for $249.991 includes the features of the MFC-L2740DW, without single-pass duplex copy/scan/fax and with a print/copy speed up to 30ppm.
For more information on any of these products, visit www.brother.com. For more information on the mobile device printing and cloud connectivity functions of Brother Printers and All-in-Ones, visit www.connectprintshare.com.
Apple and AirPrint are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Apple permissions. Android and Google Drive are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google permissions. Kindle, Kindle Fire, and Amazon are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Windows Phone and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Windows permissions. BlackBerry is owned by Research in Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under license.
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
Working with you for a better environment
At Brother, our green initiative is simple. We strive to take responsibility, act respectfully and try to make a positive difference, to help build a society where sustainable development can be achieved. We call this approach Brother Earth.
- Estimated street price, prices may vary.
- MFC-L2720DW and MFC-L2740DW only.
- Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service. See www.connectprintshare.com for details.
- Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.connectprintshare.com for details, availability and compatibility.
- Additional purchase required.
- Approximate toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4).
- Requires Internet connection.
- Feature available using Brother Control Center.
SOURCE Brother International Corporation