BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Dec. 28, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation has created a series of "Simply Professional" P-touch labelers that offers new features specifically designed to help the busy office professional stay organized. There are two new core models in the "Simply Professional" line – the PT-2030 and the PT-2730. Both have multiple line graphical displays, increased font options, two-year limited warranties and a new "label collection" feature, allowing users to easily print more than 50 pre-stored professional label designs. Both of the new models use a wide variety of tapes in many sizes and colors. The new PT-2730 allows users to connect to a PC or a Mac for added functionality.
The new line of labelers helps meet a growing need for organization and productivity in the workplace. The recently released "P-touch Means Business" survey found that offices waste more than $177 Billion per year looking for lost items in the office. This means that a more organized workplace could save businesses both time and money.
The Brother launch of the P-touch "Simply Professional" line coincides with National Organization Month, a critical time for businesses to refocus for the New Year. Brother has also partnered with Professional Organizer Diane Albright to provide businesses with some tips on ways they can help save time and money by getting organized.
Diane Albright's three tips for workplace organization:
- Typically we use or reference 20% of what we have therefore making it difficult for us to remember the location of the other 80%. In order to easily and quickly locate the 80% of what you have, group the items together by category and label the location. Labeling will not only make it easy to find items, but it will help you to return items to their designated place. This is especially important if others around you need to find and use items you have.
- Trying to clear off your desk? Label a file folder with the title "Pending." In this file folder place all papers that are waiting for another person's response or action. Typically these are papers that you don't want to forget about but you can't file or toss until another person responds. You may want to duplicate this same idea by creating a "Pending" folder in your email in-box.
- Don't wait until your last hour of the day to clear off your desk. Start to restore the order of your desk or workspace one hour before the end of your day. This way if you discover an item that needs to be dealt with the same day, you won't need to stay past quitting time.
"It is imperative for companies to train their employees to be more efficient in the workplace, and getting organized is the first and primary step to saving time and money," said Professional Organizer Diane Albright, as to why she is partnering with P-touch to help educate office professionals about the need for effective labeling solutions. "Labeling items and folders is an essential part of workplace organization, and the new P-touch 'Simply Professional' Series offers the most effective solution for office professionals today."
The P-touch "Simply Professional" line includes two new labelers, each designed with specific features to reach the needs of office professionals:
- P-touch PT-2030: The PT-2030 has a sleek design and creates durable, laminated labels for the office using one of four professional fonts, 16 framing options, 10 type styles and an array of symbols. It also uses the new "label collection" feature to gain quick access to over 50 pre-designed labels for office use. The PT-2030 will be available starting January '11, with an estimated street price of $49.99*. Also available: P-touch PT-2030AD with power adapter included and the P-touch PT-2030VP with power adapter and protective storage/carry case.
- P-touch PT-2730: This more advanced desktop model provides dual functionality with its ability to connect to a PC or Mac for added functionality. It also features a modern design with an automatic tape cutter and a large graphical display with vivid backlight for easy viewing. The PT-2730 will be available at a variety of retailers starting January '11, with an estimated street price of $99.99*. Also available: P-touch PT-2730VP with protective storage/carry case.
Updated P-touch Tapes
The Simply Professional models use laminated tape which is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use and is designed to withstand fading over time. The tape assortment for these models include our standard black type on white tape, plus color combinations such as black type on yellow tape, gold type on black tape, white type on lime green tape and many more. Over 50 tape sizes, type and color combinations are available. The "Simply Professional" series can help transform any workplace by meeting the organizational needs of every office professional.
For more information on the P-touch "Simply Professional" line, please visit www.brother.com.
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N.J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
NOTE: All trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies.
* Estimated Street Price, prices may vary.
All registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies.
SOURCE Brother International Corporation