ST. LOUIS, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Brown Shoe Company, Inc. (NYSE: BWS) (www.brownshoe.com) introduces the first fall collection from Naya®, a brand of beautiful, comfortable and eco-friendly women's footwear that launched in March.
Naya's fall 2010 line offers women six key looks for the season:
- Origami Rose: Pumps and ankle boots with intricate details and floral accents add a feminine flair to your wardrobe.
- Tailored Temptation: Pumps and oxfords with laces, buckles, piping and vintage-inspired details give structure to both soft and tailored looks.
- Beautiful Bows: Pumps and knee-high boots paired with ruffled suede and ladylike bows add a touch of sweetness to the season's sought-after styles.
- Super Soft Suedes: Cuffed boots, shooties and flats made of soft and supple suedes lend an effortless, cool look to dress and casual wardrobes.
- Rugged Resource: Boots with buckles and 100 percent shearling beautifully enhance these rugged chic looks.
- Kimono Knot: Clogs and open-toe boots with sophisticated knots and sleek leather straps create unique textures and distinctive style.
"We created Naya with the belief that style and sustainability go hand-in-hand, and that beautiful shoes can both be gentle on your feet and on the earth. Naya is quickly becoming known among consumers for its soft, feminine designs, beautiful colors, elegant detailing and premium comfort system – all while incorporating eco-friendly materials. Our fall line features boots for every woman's style because we know that's what our consumers are seeking: high-fashion hiker, casual-rustic American mid-calf, suede knee-high and versatile over-the-knee as well as peep-toe booties," said Naya Designer Kasey Gibbs.
Naya is committed to choosing eco-friendly and natural materials whenever possible. Eco-friendly features include:
- Vegetable-tanned leathers and linings
- Natural or recycled content fabrics
- Heels made from bamboo
- Footbeds containing natural cork
- Outsoles containing natural materials
- Water-based cements
- Shoe boxes made with 80 percent recycled paper pulp, soy-based inks and water-based glue
- Reusable shoe bags and shoe forms made with recycled plastic soda bottles, known as PET
Consumers can find Naya footwear on shoes.com, Zappos.com, Piperlime.com and PlanetShoes.com; at select Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com, select Dillard's stores and Dillards.com; and in more than 60 independent and specialty stores. Naya is also in select stores in 16 countries including Asia, Australia, Greece and the United Arab Emirates. Visit NayaShoes.com to view the line and find a complete list of retailers. Interact with Naya on Facebook (www.facebook.com/NayaShoes) and Twitter (@NayaShoes).
About Brown Shoe Company, Inc.
Brown Shoe is a $2.4 billion global footwear company. Brown Shoe's Retail division operates Famous Footwear, a leading family branded footwear destination with over 1,100 stores nationwide and e-commerce site FamousFootwear.com, approximately 270 specialty retail stores in the U.S., Canada, and China primarily under the Naturalizer brand name, and footwear e-tailer shoes.com. Through its wholesale divisions, Brown Shoe designs and markets leading footwear brands including Naturalizer, Dr. Scholl's, Franco Sarto, LifeStride, Etienne Aigner, Sam Edelman, Via Spiga, Vera Wang Lavender and Buster Brown. Brown Shoe press releases are available on the Company's website at www.brownshoe.com.
SOURCE Brown Shoe Company, Inc.