DALLAS, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- The Brownyard Group and Cardinal Point Strategies announce today the launch of The Brownyard Educational Center (www.BrownyardU.com). This center will provide the security industry with a new standard for professional development by offering a prestigious library for continuing education and degree programs for security professionals and their families. The announcement came at the ASIS 2010 conference in Dallas.
Based in Princeton, N.J., the Center is a partnership of the nation's leading security experts, thought leaders, educators, and insurance professionals. It was founded by Brownyard Group and Cardinal Point Strategies, and features three prominent partners: CiNet's Professional Security Training Network (PSTN), Kaplan EduNeering, and Kaplan University. The Center features an advanced and affordable online training resource and will provide real-time information specifically for the private security industry.
"It is the unprecedented depth and breadth of knowledge and unique understanding of security matters that sets the Center apart from all other training initiatives," said Paul Goldenberg, CEO of Cardinal Point Strategies, a risk management consulting firm working in national security, government affairs, and professional development and training. "The Center's goal is to meet the needs of an ever-changing security environment in the U.S. by engaging security companies and officers in the continuing process of professional development."
According to Mr. Goldenberg, America's security industry watches over multimillion-dollar properties—such as office buildings, amusement parks, shopping centers, factories, and financial centers—and the majority of the nation's infrastructure. Well-trained security professionals are the first line of defense, whether it's against natural disasters, crime or even acts of terrorism.
"Training standards and industry regulation have failed to keep pace with the growth of the security industry and as a result security professionals often find themselves under-trained and over-exposed to risk, liability, and litigation," said Brendan Brownyard, CEO of Brownyard Group, a leader in insurance for the security industry. "Our Center was designed to meet this need, enhancing professionalism, reducing on-the-job risk, improving employee productivity and retention, and giving participating firms an edge when competing for contracts."
The Center features two professional development components:
The Brownyard Platinum Performance Training Program includes three tiers of courses from PSTN and Kaplan EduNeering:
- Tier I: Basic Security Officer Training Series (BSOTS)
- Tier II: Liability in Security Operations and Risk Reduction
- Tier III: Professional Development and Management - Supervisor Excellence Series
A partnership with Kaplan University makes available all of the University's professional certificates, associate's, bachelor's and master's degree programs, including its associate and bachelor's degrees in Criminal Justice, and its master's degree in Homeland Security & Emergency Management. Brownyard Educational Center students will receive a 10 percent tuition reduction.
Affordable, Online Learning System
The Brownyard Educational Center was designed to be both affordable and easy to use, according to Mr. Goldenberg and Mr. Brownyard. Courses are priced well below the security industry average, and Brownyard Group considers insurance incentives for participating security firms that they insure.
All courses are offered conveniently online, either through a state-of-the-art Learning Management System (LMS), or through Kaplan University:
- For the Brownyard Platinum Performance Training Program, the Center utilizes a robust, flexible, and customizable interactive web-based LMS. Security professionals can take individualized courses and tests anytime, anywhere; develop learning plans and track their progress; and maximize return on investment and training satisfaction. It is designed to be used as a fully independent stand-alone training program requiring only participant involvement, or as part of a larger training program.
- Kaplan University serves more than 75,000 online and campus-based students with more than 125 academic programs, including master's, bachelor's and associate's degrees, as well as professional certificates. The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Scheduling and Availability
Select programs in the Brownyard Platinum Performance Training Program are available now. Full Brownyard Educational Center offerings are scheduled to be available by December 1, 2010 by visiting www.BrownyardU.com.
Security professionals seeking to enroll in the program or with questions, should contact the Brownyard Educational Center at 877-272-4501; firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Brownyard Educational Center