HERNDON, Va., Aug. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- BSI, the business standards company, is the first to receive official global accreditation status from the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) for the new Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015.
To gain accredited status, BSI's transition process and auditor training to the new standard have been independently assessed to ensure it operates at the highest level of quality and service. This provides assurance to clients that the certificates issued to them, once the new standard is published, are both credible and impartial. BSI is now able to start carrying out audits to the new version of the standard, meaning organizations can begin their transition process.
The new ISO 9001:2015 has been revised to take into account today's dynamic and globally interconnected world. Some of the key changes include:
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization's particular needs
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in
- Alignment with other key management system standards through the use of a common structure and core text
Todd VanderVen, President, BSI Americas said, "ISO 9001 is the world's most popular management system standard. Being the first Certification Body to attain accreditation is a testament to the investment we have made in training our auditors and allows BSI to help our clients transition to the new standard, thereby embedding the latest best practice into their organizations and enabling them to take advantage of the additional benefits as early as possible."
Note to editors
No accredited certificates can be issued until publication of the final standard due in September 2015.
One Company, One Solution. By packaging assessment, training and a management system toolset, BSI delivers a business improvement solution that combines it all in a comprehensive service offering and allows us to provide an integrated approach to meet the needs of the organization and embed excellence across the business. BSI presents a one-stop value proposition from the decision to improve systems through to registration and continual improvement. From start to finish, BSI helps turn complexity into simplicity. To learn more, please visit www.bsigroup.com/en-US.
Tel: +1 703 674 1996
SOURCE BSI Group America