AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Buffalo Technology, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking and network and direct attached storage solutions, today announced two new enterprise-class wireless access points, AirStation™ Pro 802.11n Gigabit Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point and AirStation™ Pro 802.11n Gigabit Concurrent Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point. Designed for professional deployments, these AirStation Pro wireless APs offer robust and secure dual band wireless networks with business-class features and the convenience of Power over Ethernet (PoE).
"The proliferation of wireless devices in professional settings has created a need for businesses to easily and securely expand their wireless networks as needed," said Matt Dargis, vice president of sales at Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc. "Buffalo's new AirStation Pro APs offer a cost-effective solution for businesses to deploy a robust wireless network with enterprise-grade security options."
Buffalo's AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point provides high performance 802.11n speeds and coverage, with selectable operation on one of two available bands, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. The AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Concurrent Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point offers simultaneous operation on two concurrent bands for greater networking capacity and flexibility. AirStation Pro wireless APs are designed for deployment in professional settings and offer users a lineup of business-class features:
- Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE): 802.11af PoE allows the device to be powered without an AC power source for easy installation and placement, even on high ceilings, drop ceilings, walls and other locations where power may not be available. By using a PoE switch, users can install the AP anywhere they can run an Ethernet cable.
- Plenum-Rated Chassis: AirStation Pro APs feature plenum-rated chassis and multiple mounting options for greater flexibility in installation locations, enabling users to safely install these units above ceiling tiles.
- Multi-SSID / VLAN Tagging: Administrators can easily create multiple SSIDs with different security passphrases for easy network segmentation and added security. Network administrators can assign each SSID a VLAN tag to specify what network access that SSID receives.
- Wireless Distribution System: WDS allows users to easily extend coverage of their wireless network by interconnecting multiple access points. Easily bridge a WLAN spanning multiple buildings or expand coverage in a home to hard to reach locations.
- Removable Antennas: Easily add high gain antennas for longer range, wireless bridging or backhaul solutions. AirStation Pro APs use industry-standard RP-SMA connectors, compatible with readily available third-party solutions.
- 802.1X RADIUS Authentication Support: Provides enterprise-grade access restrictions, helping to keep unauthorized users out. By moving authentication to a backend RADIUS server, only specified and authorized wireless devices are permitted to connect to the wireless network.
Pricing and Availability
- AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point WAPS-AG300H will be available in February 2013 at an estimated street price of $179.99.
- AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Concurrent Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point WAPS-APG600H is available now at an estimated street price of $239.99.
All Buffalo AirStation Pro wireless solutions are backed by a limited three-year warranty including toll-free U.S.-based technical support available 24/7.
About Buffalo Technology
Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc., based in Austin, Texas, is a leading provider of award-winning networking, storage and multimedia solutions for the home and small business environments as well as for system builders and integrators. With more than three decades of networking and computer peripheral experience, Buffalo has proven its commitment to delivering innovative, best-of-breed solutions that have put the company at the forefront of infrastructure technology. For more information about Buffalo Technology and its products, please visit www.buffalotech.com.
Buffalo, Inc. trademark statements. Buffalo is a trademark of Buffalo, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Buffalo Technology (USA), Inc.