NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The 8th edition of the 'Building and Home Improvement Products Distribution Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis' reviews the changing nature of distribution of building products in the UK, driven by the growth of the 'Omni-channel', the shift to internet purchasing and specification and the shift away from the 'one-stop-shop' phenomenon, it also considers the drivers behind these changes and likely future direction.
Key issues covered in the report include:
- Assessment of building & home improvements market - analysis of market structure, recent developments and changes.
- Changing channels – shift to Omni channel, growth of Screwfix / Toolstation, increasing influence of the Internet, fading DIY, impact on national builders merchants, home improvement multiples, electrical wholesalers, etc.
- Analysis by product group – market size, product mix and distribution.
- Forecasts of market developments to 2021.
Areas of Particular interest include:
- Review of key channels – distribution channel shares, growth of internet etc.
- Identification of key players in the market and challenges facing these companies.
- Key product groups – product sector sizes, review of major sectors, distribution channel shares by product group, recent and future changes etc.
- Forecast of market performance in 2016 through to 2021 and analysis of the key factors affecting future performance.
Key areas covered in the Report:
The Building And Home Improvement Product Distribution Market
- Building and home improvement product distribution market – analysis by value from 2012-2016, with forecasts to 2021, key characteristics of this market. Impact of the economy and construction on the structure of the market - market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Trends and changing channels – shift to Omni channel, growth of Screwfix / Toolstation, increasing influence of the Internet, fading DIY, impact on national builders merchants, home improvement multiples, electrical wholesalers, etc.
- Socio economic and demographic drivers behind some of these changes, how they might develop in the next few years. Impact on national distribution operations, shift to cherry picking and away from one-stop-shopping.
- Market infrastructure – suppliers, distributors, contractors, specifiers and end-users.
- Review of key distribution channels, market share by key distribution channels by major product group, strengths & weaknesses, comparisons of performance 2012-16, including direct, builders and plumbers merchants, home improvement multiples, omni channels, electrical wholesalers, garden centres etc. Product mix of channels in overall market.
- Builders & plumbers merchants – leading merchant shares, company structure, turnover, branch numbers.
- Home improvement multiples – shares, company structure, turnover & branch numbers of key players.
- Electrical wholesalers and garden centres – sector characteristics, company profiles.
- Other channels – including direct supply, internet, other trade and retail routes.
Products and Suppliers
- Product groups reviewed - decorating materials; bathrooms; kitchens; garden products; hardware; electrical products; roofing & insulation; bricks, blocks, building envelope & concrete; cement & plaster materials; timber & glazing; HVAC & plumbing products and other products.
- Overall sector sizes for each product group, mix between channels.
- Estimated shares in 2016 of the main product groups by the key channels.
- Analysis by product group - market size 2012-2016 and product mix within each sector, recent trends, future prospects etc.
- Distribution channel mix for each product group.
- Forecast of market development – short & medium term prospects up to 2021.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market – performance of UK economy, housebuilding, non-domestic construction, consumer confidence & spending etc.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04683652-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/building--home-improvement-products-distribution-market-report---uk-2017-2021-analysis-300403825.html