NEW YORK, Jan. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Burgeoning Mega Cities in SSA : Where are the Opportunities for ICT Providers?
By 2025, more than 70% of Africa's population is expected to be living in cities. A Mega City is defined as an urban area with a population of more than 8 million and a gross domestic product (GDP) of at least $250 billion. There are several emerging Mega Cities in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), including Lagos, Kinshasa, Luanda, and Johannesburg. The rapid growth of Mega Cities places severe strain on economic, ecological, and social resources. The effective use of information and communications technology (ICT) in these cities will lead to efficient service delivery and integrated solutions, introducing significant opportunities for ICT providers.
-Urbanisation is a Mega Trend that is evident throughout the globe; ?% of the world's population is expected to be urbanised by 2025.
- By 2025, more than % of Africa's population is expected to be living in cities.
- A Mega City is defined as an urban area with a population of more than million and a gross domestic product (GDP) of at least $ billion.
- Emerging Mega Cities in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) include Lagos, Kinshasa, Luanda, and Johannesburg.
- The rapid growth of Mega Cities places severe strain on economic, ecological, and social resources; it has become increasingly difficult to manage city growth.
- The effective use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in cities will lead to efficient service delivery and integrated solutions. Thus, the growth of Mega Cities necessitates Smart City development.
- A Smart City is an enabling platform built by the government to manage interactions among people and the infrastructure in a city to guide policy making through the intelligent use of technology.
- The shift to Smart Cities is an emerging global trend that is introducing significant opportunities for ICT providers.
- A comprehensive portfolio of products, services, and, ultimately, solutions will be needed to meet the needs of Smart Cities.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03595966-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001