SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global burn care market size is expected to reach USD 3.7 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing incidences of burn injuries are anticipated to fuel the demand for cost-effective treatment over the forecast period. As per the WHO, 96.0% of fatal fire-related burns occur in low to middle-income countries.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The moist wound dressing segment dominated the market in 2020 due to the rising technological advancements and increasing demand for advanced treatment options
- On the basis of depth of wound, the partial thickness burn segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. The growth of the segment is attributable to the favorable reimbursement policies in the developed countries
- The hospitals segment accounted for the largest share of the market owing to the increasing incidence of burn injuries and hospitalizations each year
- The thermal burns segment held the largest share of the market in 2020 owing to a high incidence of fire-related burn injuries
Read 140 page research report with TOC on "Burn Care Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Advanced Dressings, Biologics, Traditional Products), By Depth of Wound (Minor, Partial Thickness, Full Thickness), By Cause, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/burn-care-market
According to the data published by WHO, on average 265,000 deaths are caused by burns every year. The majority of these deaths occur in low to middle-income countries and half of them occur in South East Asia. Moreover, around 1,000,000 people in India are moderately or severely burnt and around 173,000 children in Bangladesh are burnt each year. It also reported that in the U.S., approximately 4,500 burn victims die annually and 10,000 die due to burn-related infections. Owing to this substantial increase in the number of burn incidences, the patient population for burn care and treatment has increased. This in turn is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Furthermore, due to the rising incidences of burn, the demand for treatment options is increasing and as a result, the overall healthcare expenditure on burn care is increasing. Treatment options for burn care include advanced dressings, biologics, traditional burn care products, and others. The foam dressings developed from semipermeable polyurethane are waterproof and can be used on heavily exuding wounds. As a result of which they are preferred over normal dressings which are not waterproof and need to be changed regularly.
Grand View Research has segmented the global burn care market on the basis of product, depth of wound, cause, end-use, and region:
- Burn Care Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Advanced Dressing
- Alginate Dressing
- Collagen Dressing
- Hydrogel Dressing
- Hydrocolloid Dressings
- Wound Contact Layers
- Film Dressings
- Foam Dressings
- Traditional Burn Care Products
- Burn Care Depth of Wound Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Minor Burns
- Partial Thickness Burns
- Full Thickness Burns
- Burn Care Cause Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Thermal Burns
- Electrical Burns
- Radiation Burns
- Chemical Burns
- Friction Burns
- Burn Care End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Burn Care Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Burn Care Market
- Hollister Incorporated
- Cardinal Health
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- KCI Licensing, Inc. (Acelity L.P. Inc.)
- Coloplast Corp.
- DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- ConvaTec Inc.
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Wound Dressing Market – The global wound dressing market size was valued at USD 9.16 billion in 2014 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period.
- Biologics Market – The global biologics market size was valued at USD 276.6 billion in 2015. These products represent cutting-edge research and also enable the latest scientific discoveries.
- Burn Care Centers Market – The global burn care centers market size was valued at USD 24.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% from 2020 to 2027.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.