BREA, Calif., Aug. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Burns & McDonnell, a 100% employee-owned engineering, architecture and construction firm, hosted its seventh annual Community of Inclusion Awards via a virtual event, recognizing small and diverse businesses in California for outstanding project performance and client service on critical infrastructure projects.
"Burns & McDonnell strives to enhance collaboration with diverse business partners who help meet our mission — make our clients successful," says Jennifer Trotter, diverse business manager for Burns & McDonnell in California. "Partnering with diverse suppliers and our employee-owners brings unique perspective and innovative ideas to every solution. We are honored to highlight our California Community of Inclusion recipients who embody a dedication and commitment to our clients and the community."
The 2020 California Community of Inclusion honorees:
- Alt Spec UAS (Escondido, California): Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), inspection, surveying and photography firm utilizing unmanned aircraft and sensors for infrastructure inspection, 2D and 3D mapping, creative and project support.
- Bayen Group (Torrance, California): Provides SharePoint and Microsoft 365 services with experience in migration, process automation and system integration.
- Civetta Design (Ramona, California): Offers professional distribution design training, quality assurance and consulting services for overhead and underground electric distribution designs and construction work order packages.
- E.K. Associates (Cerritos, California): Serves as a technology integration company delivering solutions for enterprises, service providers and public-sector companies in California.
- Ferreira Construction (Rancho Cucamonga, California): Works as a construction contractor with experience in utility, electrical, guardrail and fencing projects.
- Paxon Energy & Infrastructure (Pleasanton, California): Provides professional management services in the field of oil, gas, and utilities.
- SCA Environmental (San Francisco, California): Offers services in the fields of hazardous materials management, geo-environmental investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene services, asbestos, lead management and environmental engineering.
- ZHarrison & Associates (Zeldesign) (Culver City, California): Provides branding and communications consulting for businesses, government agencies and community groups.
Recipients have supported Burns & McDonnell on electrical transmission and distribution, aviation, environmental, community engagement, manufacturing and construction projects.
In 2019, Burns & McDonnell spent $400 million with small and diverse suppliers, including minority-, women-, Veteran-, and LGBT-owned businesses across the U.S. Additionally, the firm hosted a Community of Inclusion & Equity Symposium, reaffirming its commitment to support small and diverse businesses in 2019. The two-day event brought employee-owners, small and diverse business advocacy organizations, and leading California project owners together to share best practices on advancing business diversity in their organizations and throughout the region.
For photos and support materials, please visit our MEDIA KIT.
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is a family of companies bringing together an unmatched team of 7,600 engineers, construction professionals, architects, planners, technologists and scientists to design and build our critical infrastructure. With an integrated construction and design mindset, we offer full-service capabilities with more than 55 offices, globally. Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned company and proud to be on Fortune's 2020 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn how we are on call through it all.
Contact: Lydia Schroeder, Burns & McDonnell
SOURCE Burns & McDonnell