KANSAS CITY, Mo., Aug. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Exceptional performance, technical excellence and successful handling of advancing responsibilities have earned promotions for 11 professionals into the Principal Group at Burns & McDonnell, a senior level of leadership achieved by fewer than 4 percent of the firm's 5,700 employees.
"Members of our newest class of principals embrace our company values to the utmost, go above and beyond for our clients and are powerful advocates of employee ownership," says Ray Kowalik, chairman and CEO. "Becoming a principal is not only an honor, but a responsibility. It's a challenge I'm confident these individuals are ready to tackle."
Joining the group this year:
- Jeff Barrett, business development manager in our Aviation & Federal practice. He joined the firm in 1998, and currently leads Burns & McDonnell's business development and delivery of engineering and construction services for U.S. Department of Energy facilities across the country. Jeff is in our World Headquarters Office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Travis Fucich, manager of Instrumentation & Controls in our Energy practice. Since joining Burns & McDonnell in 2005, he has served as a project manager, lead controls engineer, field engineer, technical consultant, and controls upgrade business unit manager. His work largely is focused on power plants, including the design of new plants along with upgrades and retrofits for existing power generation facilities. Travis is in our World Headquarters Office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Zach Herrington, construction director for our Construction/Design-Build practice. He is responsible for all engineer-procure-construction (EPC) water projects nationally. He came to the firm in 2011 and has 15 years of construction and EPC experience in all phases of project delivery throughout a variety of water infrastructure, process, industrial and energy projects across the country. Zach is in our Denver, Colorado, office.
- Paula Infranca, employee relations manager in Human Resources. She has nearly two decades of experience, and since joining the firm in 2005 has become responsible for federal contract compliance reviews, overseen affirmative action policies and programs, training and planning. She plays a key role in acquisition integration and performance management. Today she leads a team of human resources professionals dedicated to employee relations for the firm's more than 40 offices. Paula is in our World Headquarters Office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Dan Koenigsfeld, EPC project manager and manufacturing department manager for our Global Facilities practice. He joined the firm in 2003 and now has more than 14 years of experience managing the design and construction of aircraft manufacturing facilities, advanced coatings facilities, aircraft flight line operations facilities, central utility plants and large infrastructure projects together valued at more than $500 million. Dan is in our World Headquarters Office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- John Maranowicz, manager of the Construction/Design-Build Group in our Chicago, Illinois office. He joined the firm last year with 19 years of design-build and public-private partnership (PPP) experience. His projects range from $1 million to $1.2 billion and include airport terminals, light rail, secondary education, class A office, retail, casino, pharmaceutical and distribution centers.
- Jake Merriman, a department manager in our Transmission & Distribution practice. He joined Burns & McDonnell in 2011 and has nearly 20 years of experience in project engineering, project management and department management. His responsibilities include recruitment, training, technical committee participation, project development, coordination with regional offices, and business development. Jake is in our World Headquarters Office in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Randy Satterfield, EPC project manager and operations manager of the Oil, Gas & Chemical practice for our Houston, Texas office. He came to Burns & McDonnell in 2007 and today has more than 26 years of experience on petrochemical and petroleum projects with total installed costs of up to $1 billion. He oversees the group's multidisciplined engineering departments.
- Tisha Scroggin, manager of the Energy practice in our Chicago, Illinois office. She joined the firm in 2002, and has led process projects — primarily involving water treatment and pollution control — at power plants across the country. Since arriving in Chicago in 2016, her team has grown by 30 percent and is expected to continue profitable growth of 20 percent to 30 percent during each of the next five years.
- Kurt Shuman, project manager in the Transmission & Distribution practice and manager of the firm's office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since joining Burns & McDonnell in 2012 — arriving with 25 years of experience in transmission and distribution, energy, and process and industrial projects — he has led program management teams on transmission projects totaling more than $1.5 billion.
- Jason Weller, operations manager of the Transmission & Distribution practice for Southern California. He joined Burns & McDonnell in 2002, working as design engineer on high-voltage transmission lines and, later, as a department manager. He is responsible the growth of services, project development, staffing and project financials.
For photos and support materials, please visit our MEDIA KIT.
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is a family of companies made up of more than 5,700 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and entrepreneurs with offices across the country and throughout the world. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. Burns & McDonnell is 100 percent employee-owned and is proud to be No. 16 on Fortune's 2017 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. For more information, visit burnsmcd.com
Contact: Mark Fagan, Burns & McDonnell
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/burns--mcdonnell-promotes-11-employee-owners-into-firms-principal-group-300509365.html
SOURCE Burns & McDonnell