ANCHORAGE, Alaska, June 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Buy Alaska (BuyAlaska.com) – a non-profit program partner of the Alaska Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) - unrolled a major new commercial contracts feature upgrade to their website today. This feature will empower local Alaskan businesses to place bids and respond to opportunities through Buy Alaska's proprietary online platform.
"With all of the proposed cuts in state spending and rising unemployment, now more than ever, Alaska needs to spread the word to buy local. That is the foundation for Buy Alaska and one of the reasons behind this simple-to-use contracts feature upgrade," said Jacob Taylor, Marketing and Program Specialist for the Business Enterprise Institute at UAA, who oversees the Buy Alaska Program. "This contracts feature will enable Alaskan businesses to easily and securely post and respond to contracts for projects with other registered Buy Alaska businesses, to keep their purchases local."
The commercial contracts feature will allow registered Buy Alaska businesses to:
- Post their new contract opportunities complete with titles, descriptions, deadlines, locations, and attachments (including RFPs, detailed specs, design drawings, etc)
- Browse commercial contracting opportunities from a variety of industries
- Submit bids for opportunities through the BuyAlaska.com secure online platform
- Receive email notifications when a bid is submitted for their open opportunities
- Opt-in to notifications when opportunities are posted that match their pre-designated keywords
- Use their mobile device to find localized opportunities to their specific Alaskan location
Every Alaskan owned or operated business is eligible to become a registered Buy Alaska business by creating a free business profile. Once registered, the commercial contracts feature is also free.
If every Alaskan shifted just 10% of their outside purchases back to Alaska, the Alaska economy would be bolstered by 1.1 billion dollars and 4,400 jobs!
Together with a shared vision, Buy Alaska and Alaskans can make this extraordinary land an even better place to work, live and visit!
ABOUT BUY ALASKA
Celebrating its 29th anniversary, Buy Alaska, is a non-profit program partner of the Alaska Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA), dedicated to serving Alaska's small business and entrepreneurial communities since 1986. With the re-brand of their proprietary platform earlier this year, any Alaska owned or operated business can register and create a searchable service profile in their platform's directory. Visit www.BuyAlaska.com to learn more, or find them on Twitter @BuyAlaska.
SOURCE Buy Alaska