PORTLAND, Ore., Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Business Valuation Resources (BVR) is pleased to announce the release of the fifth edition of BVR's Guide to Discounts for Lack of Marketability, Fifth Edition, a two-volume resource written by thought-leader John Stockdale, Sr.
This recently published guide offers the newest treatise on the theories, evidence, and techniques for determining discounts for lack of marketability (DLOM). DLOM is one of the most discussed topics in the business valuation profession with a historically wide divergence in how valuators approach it. This valuable, two-volume resource offers practical guidance and includes a compendium with analysis of more than 100 of the most important cases that have made it into the courts. Case reviews shed light on how judges have viewed experts' use of the relevant facts and economic principles to determine a DLOM.
"BVR is thrilled to offer the latest thought leadership on determining discounts for lack of marketability," said Sarah Andersen, Publisher at BVR. "In this new edition, John Stockdale, Sr. offers even more breadth on the topic with expended sections on the liquidity premium, increased coverage of restricted stock studies, and an expanded section on computational methods and models. This book is truly a must have for anyone who wants the latest in DLOM information."
Highlights of the new edition include:
- Insight into the IRS view on DLOM
- Expanded commentary on the liquidity premium
- Increased coverage of restricted stock studies, now includes 32 studies
- Additional insight on the factors related to restricted stock discounts
- Expanded discussion of pre-IPO studies, and minority public stock evidence
- Additional studies on the matched pairs approach and discounts in private companies
- Expanded section on volatility models, including the Sigma-DLOM Curve
- Computational methods and models including the revised Finnerty and the Ghaidarov Average Strike Put Option
- Comprehensive and easy-to-read court case summary table
To learn more or request a review copy, please contact Sarah Andersen at (503) 291-7963 ext. 123 or [email protected].
Top business valuation firms depend on BVR for authoritative market data, continuing professional education, and expert opinion. Our customers include business appraisers, certified public accountants, M&A professionals, business brokers, lawyers and judges, private equity funds and venture capitalists, owners, and CFOs, among others. For more information, please visit www.bvresources.com.
Sarah Andersen, Publisher
Business Valuation Resources, LLC
1000 SW Broadway, Suite 1200
Portland, Oregon 97205
Phone: (503) 291-7963 ext. 123
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Business Valuation Resources