IRVINE, Calif., June 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
What: Paul Washicko, Senior Vice President, Product Management at CalAmp, will speak on a panel discussion titled, "Three Things that Must Happen Before We See Autonomous Fleets" at MWC19 Shanghai. The panel will feature executives from Ericsson and Taoglas as well as a moderator from Together for Safer Roads.
- Paul Washicko, Senior Vice President, Product Management, CalAmp
- Harry Qiao, Global Sales Engagement Principal, Connected Vehicle and Transportation Connected Vehicle in China, Ericsson
- Christin Lin, General Manager, Taoglas China
- Moderator: David Braunstein, President, Together for Safer Roads
When: 10:40 am – 11:10am CST on June 28
Where: Auditorium C, N5 Hall, Shanghai New International Expo Centre
Why: CalAmp's SVP of Product Management, Paul Washicko, will participate on a panel at Mobile World Congress Shanghai, titled, "Three Things that Must Happen Before We See Autonomous Fleets." The leading brands will discuss next-generation vehicle connectivity and the road to autonomous driving including:
- Safety technology - crash response, driver behavior and other IoT technology that improve road safety and mitigate risk
- After-market solutions - to drive adoption on the front end and manage the long tail of deployed OEM solutions longer term
- Real-time data - from telematics and smart sensors that help manage vehicle maintenance and reduce logistical inefficiencies
- AI and predictive analytics - that make data actionable and improve decision making to be responsive to new market demands
The companies share the challenge of ensuring a smooth transition from legacy to completely self-driving vehicles. OEMs, transportation agencies, road and signaling infrastructure providers, mobile operators, automotive service providers, fleet managers, and many others play a part in a blended vehicle ecosystem and creating safer roads for all.
Paul is available for pre-briefings and on-site press interviews on June 27th and 28th.
CalAmp (Nasdaq: CAMP) is a technology solutions pioneer transforming the global connected economy. We help reinvent business and improve lives around the globe with technology solutions that streamline complex mobile IoT deployments and bring intelligence to the edge. Our software and subscription-based services, scalable cloud platform and intelligent devices collect and assess business-critical data from mobile assets and their contents. We call this The New How, facilitating efficient decision making, optimizing mobile asset utilization and improving road safety. CalAmp, headquartered in Irvine, California, has been publicly traded since 1983. LoJack® is a brand of CalAmp and a leader in stolen vehicle recovery and innovative automotive services. For more information, visit calamp.com, or LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or CalAmp Blog.