NEW YORK and LONDON, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Calvin Klein Jeans, a division of The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE: WRC), and MTV today announced the launch of the "Calvin Klein Jeans X" competition in select countries around the world. One lucky winner and a guest from each participating country will travel to and experience one of the biggest music events of the year – the 2010 MTV EMAs – taking place at the Caja Magica in Madrid on Sunday, November 7th.
This opportunity of a lifetime includes travel to Madrid, Spain from their home country, accommodations in one of the city's finest hotels, and the opportunity to attend and watch the star-studded event – which includes the HOTTEST MTV artists from the world of pop, rock and hip-hop – and attend the EXCLUSIVE after-show party with the winners, nominees, and some of Hollywood's A-list celebrities, as well as other prizes (vary by market).
The registration for the competition is open to residents of France, Germany, Spain, UK, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Australia, South Korea and the USA.
For a chance to win a pair of VIP tickets to the show and get access to the exclusive after-party, participants can enter the competition online at www.mtvema.com/wintickets (www.mtvchina.com/wintickets in China) or in-store at participating Calvin Klein Jeans stores. By registering in store, participants may also be eligible for additional prizes.
The competition is open in participating markets in Europe, Asia, and the USA through October 11th and terms and conditions apply.
The 2010 MTV EMAs will take place on Sunday the 7th of November 2010, at the state of the art Caja Magica in Madrid, Spain and will be broadcast live on MTV at 9pm CET on Sunday the 7th of November 2010. The event will reach 214 million homes and more than 40 territories.
About MTV Networks International
MTV Networks International includes the premier multimedia entertainment brands MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, MTVNHD, TMF (The Music Factory), VIVA, Comedy Central and Game One. MTV Networks' brands are seen globally in 640 million households in 161 countries and 34 languages via 170 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 400 digital media properties. The company's diverse holdings also include interests in television syndication, digital media, publishing, home video, licensing & merchandising and feature films. MTV Networks International is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).
About The Warnaco Group Inc.
The Warnaco Group Inc., headquartered in New York, is a leading global apparel company engaged in the business of designing, sourcing, marketing and selling men's, women's, and children's sportswear, accessories, intimate apparel, and swimwear, under such owned and licensed brands as Calvin Klein®, Speedo®, Chaps®, Warner's®, and Olga®.
NOTES TO THE EDITORS:
Grand Prize Details:
- Return economy class mode of travel (air or train, at Promoter's discretion) to Madrid from the closest capital city to the winner's home address for the winner plus one (1) guest;
- 'Meet & Greet' transfers between the airport in Madrid and the Madrid accommodation on arrival and departure for the winner and guest;
- Three (3) nights accommodation in a 4-star hotel of Calvin Klein Jeans' choice in Madrid, one (1) double ensuite room, including tax and breakfast;
- Welcome cocktail and dinner on the eve of the 2010 MTV EMAs hosted by Calvin Klein Jeans;
- VIP admission to the 2010 MTV EMAs and the official after-party in Madrid for the winner and one (1) guest (with return transfers);
- Spending money for the trip (in Europe, Asia and US: euro 500 or local currency equivalent; in the UK, pounds Sterling 500;
- Standard travel insurance (provided that the winner meets any necessary prerequisite criteria of the insurer); and,
- Calvin Klein Jeans gift card or 'shopping certificate' (in Europe, Asia, US: euro 150; in the UK, pounds Sterling 150.
If participants enter the competition via the designated web page by visiting a participating Calvin Klein Jeans store, they will also be eligible for additional prizes furnished by Calvin Klein Jeans – including an iPad, iPhone, or Calvin Klein Jeans gift cards – prizes will vary by country. Apple is not involved in the competition.
In Europe, answer a multiple choice question correctly to register. No in-store entry is available in France. In Asia, answer a multiple choice question correctly and a skill-based question to register. In the USA, on-line registration is required, no in-store entry is available.
For each participating country, one (1) winner and one (1) guest for a total of four (4) European winners and their guests for a total of eight (8) people; five (5) Asian winners and their guests for a total of ten (10) people; and in the USA, one (1) winner and one (1) guest for a total of two (2) people. Terms and conditions apply.
SOURCE MTV Networks International