ROCKVILLE, Md., June 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cambria Hotels brand, franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), is on pace to surpass 50 hotels open in top-tier markets this year by opening more than a dozen upscale properties across the country. The record-setting pace—which includes seven openings this summer alone—will increase the Cambria system by 25% by year end.
"Cambria continues to show its strength in regions with a high volume of business and leisure travel," said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. "We enable guests to make the most of their time on the road with central locations near businesses, dining, entertainment, and cultural experiences. Guests tell us they appreciate the little luxuries the Cambria brand offers, with top reviews on social and digital sites. We look forward to celebrating Cambria's 50-hotel milestone before the year is through."
The Cambria brand opened three hotels already this year:
- Cambria Hotel Omaha Downtown – Omaha, Neb.
- Cambria Hotel Charleston Riverview – Charleston, S.C.
- Cambria Hotel West Orange – West Orange, N.J.
Choice plans to cut ribbons on 10 more Cambria hotels by yearend:
- Cambria Hotel Richardson - Dallas – Richardson, Texas
- Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown – Boston, Mass.
- Cambria Hotel Bettendorf - Quad Cities – Bettendorf, Iowa
- Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center – Houston, Texas
- Cambria Hotel Milwaukee Downtown – Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Cambria Hotel Anaheim Resort Area – Anaheim, Calif.
- Cambria Hotel Fort Mill – Fort Mill, S.C.
- Cambria Hotel Bloomington Mall of America – Bloomington, Minn.
- Cambria Hotel Sonoma Wine Country – Sonoma, Calif.
- Cambria Hotel Napa – Napa, Calif.
As the latest sign of the brand's success, Choice Hotels announced that it awarded two new franchise agreements to develop Cambria hotels in Irving, Texas and Weston, Fla.:
- Cambria Las Colinas – Texas: The 143-room upscale hotel will be located at the intersection of East John Carpenter Freeway and Brazos Dr. in Irving, Texas. The hotel, which is the first Choice-branded property developed by Irving-based Shreem Capital, is scheduled to open in 2021.
- Cambria Weston Florida: Slated to open in 2021, the 155-room hotel will be located at the corner of 160th Ave. and 14th St. and is the first project with Choice by Miami Beach-based developer Aranco Investments.
"Our goal is to bring Cambria Hotels to areas with a high volume of business demand—and we work with the industry's top developers to do so," said Mark Shalala, vice president, franchise development, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. "We look forward to working with Shreem Capital and Aranco Investments to bring these two phenomenal projects to life."
There are currently more than 40 Cambria hotels open across the U.S. in popular cities, like Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Nashville, Tenn.; New York; New Orleans; Phoenix; and Washington D.C.
About Cambria Hotels
The Cambria® Hotels brand is designed for the modern traveler, offering guests a distinct experience with simple, guilt-free indulgences allowing them to treat themselves while on the road. Properties feature compelling design inspired by the location, spacious and comfortable rooms, flexible meeting space, and local freshly prepared food and craft beer. Cambria Hotels is rapidly expanding in major U.S. cities, with hotels open in Chicago, New York City, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. There are more than 40 Cambria properties open across the United States, and over 100 hotels open or in the pipeline in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit www.choicehotels.com/cambria.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest and most successful lodging franchisors in the world. With more than 7,000 hotels, representing nearly 570,000 rooms, in over 40 countries and territories as of March 31, 2019, the Choice® family of hotel brands provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to exceptional experiences. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
This communication includes "forward-looking statements" about future events, including anticipated development and hotel openings. Such statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including construction delays, availability and cost of financing and the other "Risk Factors" described in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, any of which could cause actual results to be materially different from our expectations.
This advertisement is not an offering. For New York: an offering can only be made by a prospectus filed first with the Department of Law in the State of New York. Such filing does not constitute approval by the Department of Law. For Minnesota: Ascend Collection #F-5980, Quality Inn #F-48, and Clarion #F-1673. A copy of the Franchise Disclosure Document may be obtained through contacting Choice Hotels International at 1 Choice Hotels Circle, Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20850 or at Development@ChoiceHotels.com.
© 2019 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc.