BROOKLYN, N.Y., Oct. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Is the public following the media's lead or is the media following public opinion?
Dean Nick Allard and former White House Press Secretary and current Vice President of Facebook Joe Lockhart will have a candid discussion about the 2012 election today at Brooklyn Law School.
Friday, October 19
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Brooklyn Law School
250 Joralemon Street
About the Program
- The News Media: Are editorial decisions made in favor of the public interest or in a calculated effort to increase readers, ratings, and clicks?
- The New Media: What is the role of social media, Twitter and the ever-expanding volume of online sources of information and opinion?
- The Candidates: Are politicians establishing the voting issues of the campaign?
- How do candidates and their handlers try to shape the news media to their advantage?
- The 24-Hour News Cycle: Does the continuous reporting, debating and instant opinionating clarify or distort the public's choices?
About Joe Lockhart
Joe Lockhart served as Press Secretary for President Bill Clinton and now is at the forefront of the social media revolution. Having been on both sides of the politics/media battleground, he has a unique perspective on the significance of these critical questions for our society.
About Dean Nick Allard
Dean Allard has significant political experience, which includes working as a senior staff member on former Vice President Al Gore's presidential campaign and participating in every Democratic convention since 1984.
For more information or to RSVP visit: http://www.brooklaw.edu/newsandevents/events/2012/10-19-2012.aspx
SOURCE Brooklyn Law School