DUBLIN, March 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Oh Cannabis: The World is Watching Canada - A Comprehensive Breakdown of the Entry, Regulatory & Strategic Outlook" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Canada's total cannabis market is significant, potentially reaching nearly $7.2 billion by 2019-with legal sales making up more than half of that.
Once an illegal and rather niche product, legal cannabis is now a fast-growing global industry. And it's proving to be disruptive, impacting everything from beverage production to home construction.
There's also been a large uptick in public and private investment in new, safer forms of ingestible marijuana, while cannabis startups - focused on everything from therapeutics applications to cultivation techniques - are also cropping up. Financing to cannabis companies more than doubled in 2017.
Canada is fast becoming the world's leading cannabis market. It has a national legalized medical cannabis program, flourishing medical cannabis importing and exporting programs, and a fully federally legal, adult-use program.
And a new kind of consumer will be buying a good portion of that legal product: middle-aged, university-educated Canadians juggling many responsibilities and looking for the occasional toke. Knowledgeable staff, clear pricing, convenience, customer experience, product choice, and product and location safety will all play a key role in their success. Those who get the essentials right could secure a strong competitive advantage.
The economic impact of cannabis legalization will depend on two crucial factors: how much of the dominant non-licensed black market (85% of users) migrates to the legal space; and, how many non-users (over 25 million Canadians of legal age) choose to indulge in the substance.
Finally, while Canada is well-positioned to become a global leader in cannabis exports, markets remain limited to a small-subset of jurisdictions permitting medical use.
Cannabis has a significant ready base and a robust & sustainable future market potential. Given the traction on promoting cannabis and success realized, the author presents their strategic market research report titled, Cannabis: The World is Watching Canada.
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the existing and evolving market size for cannabis in Canada?
- What are the key levers for cannabis industry success in Canada?
- What are the opportunities for private/PE players in cannabis sector in Canada?
- What are the key headwinds and tailwinds in biofuels adoption, growth and sustainment in Canada?
- What is the overall investment potential in Cannabis sector in Canada?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary-The Green Leaf
- Global Cannabis Market Outlook
- Demand - Supply trend
- Leading countries on cannabis production and exports
- Canada's footprint on Global Cannabis map
- Existing policies & roadblocks in Cannabis
- Major levers in Cannabis Industry (major focus on Canada)
- Consumer profile
- Usage type
- Key drivers of growing Cannabis medicinal application
- Key drivers of growing Cannabis recreational application
- Legalisation and its impact
- Delivery methods and applications
- Purchasing behaviours of consumers
- Major roadblocks in Cannabis industry
- Pressure on water and sustainable agriculture
- Competition with Conventional Drugs
- Complex regulatory structure
- IP Landscape
- Patent landscape analysis for the following markets for Cannabinoid and Cannabidiol Oral Solution
- US, EP and Canada Jurisdictions
- Overview of Litigation flags, SPC validity flag, IP Status, Exclusivity ( start and end date) , patent number ( if applicable)
- Market Size
- Recreational cannabis
- Medicinal cannabis
- Cannabis market by crop type (Indica and Sativa) and others
- Pricing across Canadian provinces
- Potential for cannabis ancillary products usage
- 18 Industries Cannabis Is Disrupting
- Competitive Landscape
- Mapping key players in the market
- Aurora Cannabis Inc.
- Cannabis Science Inc.
- Terra Tech Corp.
- Aphria Inc.
- Chronos Group Inc.
- Medical Marijuana, Inc.
- Maricann Group Inc.
- Canopy Growth Corporation
- Market positioning and key strengths (including control over supply chain)
- Opportunities for private players- Gaps in existing supply chain, proposition and capabilities
- Partnership, collaboration, Agreements, Expansion & Investment
- Consumers with respect to demographics and behaviours
- Evolution of Cannabis consumption in Canada
- Total consumption increase
- Demand drivers for Cannabis in Canada
- Outlook on Cannabis demand
- Transition in society
- Industry on growth anvil
- Overview on overall investment potential in Cannabis sector in Canada
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9nxkvp/canada_cannabis?w=5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets