SAN JOSE, Calif., June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Reliable access to applications and services on mobile devices continues to be crucial for hospitality and entertainment organizations looking to provide interactive, on location experiences for event attendees. At the same time, organizations are also seeking strategic technology investments that increase revenue and growth. To advance both business and event objectives at Canada's largest convention center, Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced that Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) has selected Extreme to deploy its flow-based 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless technology, the same technology that powered Super Bowl LI, the "most connected" one-day event in digital history. Extreme's full suite of wired and wireless solutions will support the venue's growing number of users and devices, create new opportunities for MTCC to increase revenue through Wi-Fi rentals at each event, and to provide significant visibility and control for the networking team to easily manage activity across the network.
MTCC conducted a rigorous selection process and chose Extreme based on its complete suite of core-to-edge wired and wireless networking products, which offer increased visibility into network usage and provide business intelligence that improves the user experience and directly impacts the effectiveness of the organization. With its new, fully updated network, MTCC can ensure appropriately distributed bandwidth and a newfound level of efficiency to meet the growing expectations of users, which can reach up to two million annually for the approximately 570 events the venue hosts per year. Extreme is also highlighting the latest additions to its product portfolio in booth 2315 at HITEC 2017, the world's largest hospitality technology exposition and conference, which takes place at MTCC next week June 26-29, 2017.
- Full Product Portfolio of End-to-End Solutions – ExtremeWireless™, ExtremeControl™, ExtremeManagement™, ExtremeSwitching™, and ExtremeAnalytics™ will be used to deliver uninterrupted, unified service throughout the convention center.
- Wave 2 Wireless Connectivity – MTCC is equipped with 802.11ac Wave 2 access points (AP) positioned across the venue, including in the facility's meeting rooms and exhibit halls.
- Innovative Venue Design – The deployment extends into the John W. H. Basset Theatre – home of nationally televised events like Canadian Idol and the NHL awards – and was designed to fit the unique needs of the self-contained venue that is part of the overall campus. With this deployment strategy, the tech team is able to adjust their wired and wireless network to support the unique needs of visitors.
- Ease of Use –With ExtremeManagement and ExtremeControl, MTCC's network administrators are easily able to see which devices are connected through the tool's dashboard and control the level of access. Because of this, MTCC's networking staff has more time to develop and implement new initiatives, ensuring a positive network experience for all event attendees.
- Data-Driven Decisions – Data gathered through ExtremeAnalytics and ExtremeManagement support and drive every day decisions by identifying underutilized resources, allowing the IT team to allocate resources to projects that deserve immediate attention all while planning for future investments.
John Brams, Director, The Americas, Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment, Extreme Networks
"We are thrilled to provide our customers with reliable networking solutions that enable a better user experience for all. To underscore our proven track record within the sports and entertainment industries, we recently supported a seamless Wi-Fi experience at Super Bowl 51. If we can provide superior performance at the year's biggest game, we are able to support venues, like MTCC, in providing excellent connectivity to align with specific needs. MTCC has been a great partner for Extreme as we work to expand our solutions, and we're proud that our end-to-end networking solutions are able to empower them."
Chris Taylor, Manager of Telecommunications, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
"We chose Extreme Networks because of their proven track record of successful product deployments in large-scale venues and knew the company would be able to reduce the complexity of our network. Extreme's solutions allow our department to address network and bandwidth changes on the fly, which ensures that our customers do not lose connectivity during critical moments of their events. We're looking forward to continuing our partnership with Extreme to deliver better connectivity for our employees and guests."
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre Case Study
- Extreme's Sports, Entertainment & Hospitality Solutions Page
- Extreme's HITEC Event Page
- ExtremeManagement Product Page
- ExtremeWireless Product Page
- ExtremeAnalytics Product Page
- ExtremeSwitching Product Page
- ExtremeControl Product Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning the Company's partnership with the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, our ability to provide significant visibility and control, business intelligence that improves the user experience, and the creation of new opportunities for MTCC to increase revenue through Wi-Fi rentals in areas of critical business functions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the effectiveness of our solutions as compared with our customers' needs; a highly competitive business environment for network switching and software equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company's business and financial results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors". Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to data center, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeWireless, ExtremeManagement, ExtremeAnalytics, ExtremeSwitching, ExtremeControl, and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.