SIEM REAP, Cambodia, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Since opening its doors in November 2015, Green Leaf Boutique Hotel has quickly become the number one choice for tourists who are looking to give back during their holidays.
Projects funded through the revenues of the hotel include:
- Supporting a local orphanage
- Education programs for a community with over 3000 families
- Development & donation of a unique water purification product using an all natural, renewable resource; Seeds from the Moringa tree
With tourism numbers doubling in the past three years, Siem Reap was recently announced as the #2 destination in the world by TripAdvisor. With Angkor Wat as the #1 destination according to Lonely Planet.
"This is a very unique concept we have here. Instead of taking advantage of the massive influx of tourism and profiting from it, we decided to use the revenues from the hotel and do something good. Spreading the Canadian generosity. We strongly promote sustainable tourism, eco-tours, yoga and health retreats. Basically tourism with a cause. You will feel good about your stay knowing that the money you spend here is helping the community." - Says Amir Azimi, Co-founder.
Guests staying at the hotel will also have the chance to take part in several volunteer projects. Recently guests participated in building a shower facility and replacing all of the mattresses and bedding at a local orphanage. (videos of the projects are available below). Another aspect that makes the hotel stand out, is the fact that 80% of the staff grew up at the orphanage that the hotel is now supporting.
"Over the next few months, we are looking at completely taking over management of the orphanage so that we can do major upgrades, provide completely free education and constant medical care for the kids and build a new school on the grounds to provide different education programs for free to the over 3000 families in the community. Everything from health and sanitation, business skills and trades to Moringa education." Says Amir Azimi.
ABOUT THE FOUNDERS
The co-founders, and operators of Green Leaf Boutique Hotel have over 12 years of experience in humanitarian work, with close to 30 humanitarian deployments worldwide to natural disasters and conflict zones.
- Video of the hotel and recent projects at the orphanage can be viewed at: http://thegreenleafboutique.com/videos/index.html
- A press kit can be viewed at: http://online.fliphtml5.com/fraf/qfvc/
- More high res photos can be downloaded at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qqv4hq4rvyg1d1i/AAD2vdfIP25WElth5_lDTxYsa?dl=0
- Members of the media are able to book a press stay at the hotel
- To arrange an interview please contact: email@example.com
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
SOURCE Green Leaf Boutique Hotel