NEW YORK, Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Use this report to:
Analyze the global market of cancer vaccines by application in various cancer types such as prostate, liver, cervical and others such as lung and urinary bladder.
- Explore present and future strategies within the cancer vaccines market.
- Learn about the development of the market, the holdups and the needs of the market.
- Gain an insight in to the classifications and usage of the prophylactic vaccines and therapeutic vaccines.
- The global market for cancer vaccines was valued at nearly $4.2 billion and $4.0 billion in 2014 and 2015, respectively. This market is expected to decline from nearly $3.5 billion in 2016 to $3.4 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -0.4% for 2016-2021.
- North American market is expected to grow from $1.7 billion in 2016 to nearly $1.9 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 1.4% from 2016 through 2021.
- European market is expected to grow from $777.4 million in 2016 to $847.3 million at a CAGR of 1.7% from 2016 through 2021.
According to the World Health Organization, cancer has become the leading cause of death in recent years. Though cancer vaccines presently represent a minor share of the oncology industry, they are expected to be one of the most profitable segments for pharmaceutical companies over the forecast period. Most cancer vaccines work by improving a person's immune system, allowing it to attack cancer cells, and thus virus-induced cancers can be prevented using vaccines. BCC Research's goal in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future dynamics of the global market for various cancer vaccines.
This report explores present and future strategies within the cancer vaccines market, which includes prophylactic vaccines and therapeutic vaccines. The development of the market, the holdups and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classifications and usage of these vaccines are also discussed in this report. A detailed analysis of the cancer vaccines industry has been conducted and the revenues broken down by three regions. The sales figures are estimated for the five-year period from 2016 through 2021. Market by application of various cancer vaccines are also discussed separately in the report, as well as significant patents and their allotments in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Cancer vaccines are an important part of the biomedical industry. The sharp rise in cancer throughout the world is a consequence of combined genetic, social and environmental factors. Thus, the need for preventive as well as therapeutic vaccines is increasing progressively. Recently, some of the vaccines that help protect against viral infections have shown promising results to prevent some of these viral-induced cancers. Modern industries have now begun to explore the advantages of cancer vaccines in their productions and processes. Many government initiatives are encouraging researchers to develop cancer immunotherapies.
The nature of the disease, expected increase in demand for cancer vaccines and higher profitability as compared with generic drugs are the growth factors of this market. Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report as well as the strengths and weaknesses of each type of vaccine in light of the new technologies, growing competition, and changing customer needs.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This study contributes to the areas of market growth for cancer vaccine manufacturers and users. Genomic research centers, academic institutions, government and private laboratories, as well as pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotechnology companies, and physicians will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study entails the global market of cancer vaccines. The report covers the total market of cancer vaccines, which includes two main areas of applications, prophylactic vaccines and therapeutic vaccines. Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines and hepatitis B vaccines that indirectly act against cancer are also included in the report.
The report also covers the global market of cancer vaccines by application in various cancer types such as prostate, liver, cervical and others such as lung and urinary bladder. It is discussed from both a commercial perspective and that of a research and development (R&D) perspective.
BCC Research analyzes each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. Sales data for the global and regional markets were corroborated for the present and forecasted values via statistical analysis and geographically sales are broken down into North America, Europe and emerging markets. The emerging market covers countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada among others.
Analysis of patents, clinical trials, innovations and opportunities the latest trends in the cancer vaccine market and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the cancer vaccine industry are also discussed.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC Research conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers and users of cancer vaccines. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of cancer vaccines. Data was gathered from various industry sources. BCC Research spoke with officials within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature, and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes, and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade, and government sources.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager for this report is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master's degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has more than 14 years of industry experience. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and she has worked with top companies in India and the U.S.
Some of the other reports Shalini has compiled for BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography.
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment.- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems.
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices.
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry.
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology.
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging.
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology.
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets.- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market.
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets.
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices.
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
The lead consultant on this project was Dr. Kapil A. Setia, who holds a doctoral degree in the life sciences. She has a number of research publications to her credit, including her thesis, which received an award for excellence.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02559604-summary/view-report.html
About Reportlinker ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]: (339)-368-6001Intl: +1 339-368-6001