MELVILLE, N.Y., Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, and Virtual Imaging, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., will feature their latest digital radiography (DR) solutions at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting taking place November 27 to December 1 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Guests to Booth # 1135 will have the opportunity to experience exciting new Canon and Virtual Imaging radiology solutions and tools. The DR Tablet Solution1 from Virtual Imaging, composed of a tablet and choice of a Canon wireless CXDI Digital Radiography System includes CXDI Control Software NE with its optional new scatter correction feature. Visitors will also experience an array of Virtual Imaging's DR product lineup, including RadPRO® radiology solutions1.
Echoing the themes of this year's show, Canon U.S.A. is proud to support the discovery of learning opportunities to broaden participation in the larger medical community by taking part in the RSNA Research and Education Foundation (the Foundation)'s Campaign for Funding Future Research. As reported by the Foundation, in 2016, it awarded more than four million dollars in grants to 101 investigators and educators. With the support of a donation by Canon U.S.A., matched by the recipient's sponsoring department, grant recipient Mark Alexander Forsberg, BS, along with his scientific advisor Jaydev K. Dave, Ph.D., and clinical advisor David J. Eschelman, MD will research whether traditional image quality phantoms and/or patient images can characterize the distinguishing performance of commercially available advanced vendor-specific image and signal processing algorithms, and automatic exposure rate control logic. According to Mr. Forsberg, this grant will help lay the groundwork for the development of continuous fluoroscopic quality assurance during clinical practice in real-time.
New technologies highlighted in this year's booth will include:
- DR Tablet Solution Helping healthcare facilities make the move to DR in a cost-effective and efficient way, this solution consists of a tablet2 and a choice of a Canon wireless CXDI Digital Radiography System, which includes CXDI Control Software NE. The CXDI Control Software NE features an auto-detection mode that allows the CXDI detectors to automatically detect X-rays for exposure without the need of a typical X-ray generator interface and cables.
- Scatter Correction Feature of CXDI Control Software NE (Grid-free Imaging) New at this year's RSNA exposition is the optional Scatter Correction (grid-free imaging) feature of CXDI Control Software NE. The Scatter Correction feature eliminates the need to use an anti-scatter grid during certain types of X-ray examinations, which streamlines workflow for technologists and makes positioning more comfortable for patients, as compared to using the detector with a grid. Eliminating the need to align the grid can help shorten exam times and increase productivity.
Some of the other solutions featured in the booth will include:
- RadPRO SOLTUS® 100 Mobile Digital X-ray SystemThe RadPRO SOLTUS 100 Mobile Digital X-ray System which, when used with a compatible Canon CXDI digital detector, provides short exposure times and fast imaging acquisition. Easily folded for transportation and storage needs, it can serve as an ideal solution for ambulatory services and surgery suites, as well as humanitarian organizations. Sold with the customer's choice of a Canon CXDI-501G or CXDI-701C Wireless digital detector, the RadPRO SOLTUS 100 Mobile Digital X-ray System includes a user-friendly touch screen, 20-foot line-in cable for easy connectivity and 10-foot hand exposure switch.
- RadPRO OMNERA® 400T Manual-Positioning Digital Radiographic SystemA true "workhorse" in the radiography room, this high-quality, manual positioning system is constructed from rugged aircraft aluminum and has the ability to support up to a 650-pound patient load. Helping provide the high throughput needed in high-volume hospital imaging departments, this elevating six-way table's lightweight design and auto-tracking features can help reduce the physical demands placed on radiography technologists, whether in the trauma room or in a radiography room.
- RadPRO Mobile 40kW FLEX PLUS Digital X-Ray SystemFeaturing the telescopic column and fast processing times which make it easy to capture high-quality diagnostic images, this digital X-ray system, released earlier this year, includes the Enhanced Workflow Package which is intended to help healthcare professionals save time by accessing existing HIS/RIS/PACS systems and removing unnecessary steps within the exam workflow. This new feature also allows users to complete routine imaging tasks from the mobile X-ray system, eliminating the need to access healthcare information systems from a separate, dedicated workstation.
- RadPRO DELINIA® 200 Digital X-Ray Acquisition CartEquipped with a computer, access point, touch-screen monitor, detector holder and a choice of the Canon CXDI-701C, 801C or 401C Wireless Digital Radiography Detector (each of which includes CXDI Control Software NE), the RadPRO DELINIA 200 Digital X-ray Acquisition Cart allows for easy sharing of detectors among multiple areas of a healthcare facility, such as the radiography room, trauma room, OR and ER. The CXDI Control Software NE features an auto-detection mode that allows the CXDI detector to automatically detect X-rays for exposure without the use of a typical X-ray generator interface and cables. The detectors are designed to work with currently installed fixed room or mobile system X-ray generators, which can help improve cost-efficiency.
In addition to the products listed above, visitors to the booth will also have the opportunity to view the RadPRO FM Floor Mounted Radiography System and RadPRO URS Universal Radiography System. Virtual Imaging will also showcase its service programs such as Protection Plus, which is sold separately. This program provides unlimited repairs and replacements3 as well as loaner systems during repair times for eligible Canon detectors purchased from Virtual Imaging and its authorized dealers. Designed for busy imaging departments, the Protection Plus Program is convenient, cost-effective and reduces downtime on-site.
About Virtual Imaging, Inc.
Virtual Imaging, Inc., a Canon Company, combines unmatched experience, extensive resources and broad business functions. Virtual Imaging collaborates with large complex hospitals, imaging centers, private physician offices and government organizations to support them in becoming efficient, high-performance healthcare providers and professionals with the latest in digital radiography technology. Virtual Imaging assists in the forward advancement of our clients, from strategic planning to day-to-day operations, with our commitment to providing products and services for diagnostic equipment, imaging solutions, and digital flat panel technology. In addition to healthcare organizations, Virtual Imaging also provides solutions to the U.S. veterinary sector and to the security industry – a field deployable radiography system for military use and a full-body security screening system to help address the security needs of jails, prisons and other high security environments.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Availability and specifications subject to change without notice.
1 The DR Tablet Solution and all RadPRO products are sold by Virtual Imaging, Inc., a Canon company, and its authorized dealers.
2 Manufactured by a third party.
3 Replacements are at the sole discretion of Virtual Imaging and may be new or used. Additional conditions and restrictions apply; see Terms and Conditions, available by calling 866-288-9729, for full details.
Canon and CXDI are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States, and may be registered trademarks, or trademarks, in other countries. RadPRO, SOLTUS, OMNERA and ,DELINIA are registered trademarks of Virtual Imaging, Inc., a Canon company, in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. All other referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Document No. MK-0307, Rev. 1
Canon U.S.A. website:
For sales information/customer support:
SOURCE Canon U.S.A., Inc.