SALT LAKE CITY, May 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 7–11, with May 8 designated as National Teacher Appreciation Day. Today, Canvas by Instructure (NYSE: INST), the open online learning management system (LMS) that makes teaching and learning easier, announced the launch of its inaugural Teacher of the Year Awards to recognize exceptional teachers who are shaping the next generation of students.
"Teachers deserve more than a week of recognition for the tireless work they do to shape our children into successful adults and we are excited to honor exemplary teachers through the Canvas Teacher of the Year Awards," said Hilary Scharton, vice president of K–12 product strategy for Canvas. "Their dedication inspires us to create tools to support their excellent teaching practices."
Canvas is accepting award nominations until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, May 31, 2018, or until 500 nominations are received, whichever comes first. One winning teacher will be selected from each area:
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
Winners will be notified by Friday, June 29, 2018. Each winner will receive:
- Complimentary registration code to InstructureCon 2018 (July 24-26, 2018)
- Nearpod classroom license
- Award and recognition at InstructureCon 2018
- Amazing Canvas swag
- Inclusion in a national press release, Canvas blog, and Canvas social media channels
- Potential for additional media coverage
- The warm glow of victory and confirmation of their awesomeness
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- How does this teacher redefine traditional classroom activities to prepare students for college and careers? (25%)
- How does this teacher's classroom experience improve achievement for at-risk populations? (25%)
- How does this teacher impact student engagement, curiosity, and/or achievement? (50%)
To nominate a teacher, please visit https://bit.ly/2rjmyj7 and complete the form.
Through open, usable, cloud-based technologies, Canvas enables easy integration of the content, tools and services that teachers need and students want. As the most usable, customizable, adaptable and reliable learning platform (think 99.9% uptime), Canvas is adopted faster and deeper (or, is used in more ways by more users) than any other LMS. So, in the end, investing in 21st-century education technology actually makes teaching and learning easier (like it's supposed to). Learn more about Canvas at www.CanvasLMS.com.
Instructure, Inc. is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology company that makes software that makes people smarter. With a vision to help maximize the potential of people through technology, Instructure created Canvas, Gauge, Arc and Bridge to enable organizations everywhere to easily develop, deliver and manage engaging face-to-face and online learning experiences. To date, Instructure has connected millions of instructors and learners at more than 3,000 educational institutions and corporations throughout the world. Learn more about Canvas for higher ed and K–12, and Bridge for the corporate market, at www.Instructure.com.
Senior Director, Public Relations
SOURCE Canvas by Instructure