AUSTIN, Texas, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Caringo®, the leading provider of object storage software, today announced a major upgrade to CloudScaler®, software that extends Caringo's object storage with authentication, authorization, metering and S3 API support.
Enterprises and service providers use CloudScaler with Caringo object storage software to deliver a rapidly scalable private or public cloud storage service that meets any storage SLA, supports the S3 API, and is easy to manage and expand.
CloudScaler 3 enhancements:
- Plug into any management, billing or cloud orchestration solution via an open management RESTful API.
- Flexible identity management system support at the tenant and domain level designed for multi-tenant, single-site, MSP and reseller methods of service deployment.
- Enhanced ease of administration and reduced deployment footprint by supporting Caringo's native HTTP API and the S3 API simultaneously.
- Streamlined deployment by enhancing the automated pre-flight checking of operating system setup, gateway configuration and object storage system.
Caringo S3 Application Verification Program:
Caringo is the first to introduce the ability for anyone in the cloud community to verify interoperability with CloudScaler for applications that support the S3 API. Now organizations can run any S3 application with Caringo object storage behind their firewall where they have control, guarantee security and manage performance.
- Open to anyone who would like to verify interoperability between their S3 applications and Caringo object storage
- Validators will be given free access to a testing account with all necessary credentials and quick verification guide
- Once verified and approved, the application, along with attribution to the validator will be listed on Caringo's website
- Visit http://caringo.com/s3 for more information
"In working with some of the world's largest enterprises and service providers on private and public cloud storage deployments, there was a clear need for storage software that can plug into various management solutions on the back-end and also plug into various applications on the front-end," said Mark Goros, CEO of Caringo. "With the launch of CloudScaler 3 and the S3 Verification Program, Caringo takes a major step in solving these issues by making both service management and deployment easier for IT administrators and use of the service easier for their end users."
Caringo develops object storage software that gives you control over any volume, flow or size of unstructured information; dramatically reducing complexity and costs while extracting maximum value and performance from hardware. Caringo's unique benefits are delivered through a symmetric architecture that enables massive scalability, elastic content protection, and automation of management in a comprehensive software suite. The result is the industry's most efficient object storage software ideal for cloud storage, big data, and active archives in any industry.
Caringo and CloudScaler are trademarks of Caringo, Inc. Other companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks or trade names of their respective owners.
Mark Smith, JPR Communications
818-884-8282, ext. 22
SOURCE Caringo, Inc.