IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/-- CarMD.com Corporation, the company that brought you the award-winning CarMD® Vehicle Health System®, announces the long-awaited launch of its CarMD® Mobile consumer automotive product, providing mobile-first vehicle owners and used car shoppers with unmatched technology to proactively monitor vehicle health. CarMD Mobile will be available beginning mid-November 2015 (MSRP: $139.95 USD).
"For years, CarMD has been the go-to source to help consumers diagnose their car's check engine light problems and make sure they don't overpay for car repairs," said Ieon Chen, CarMD's CEO. "Today's busy consumers want everything readily available on their mobile devices, so it's a natural next step for CarMD to introduce a mobile version of our product."
Bluetooth-enabled CarMD Mobile includes everything you need to monitor a car's health on the go. It features an on-board diagnostic (OBD) tool that plugs into a car's computer to scan its health. This is the same type of technology employed by automotive repair shops to scan your car, but it's user friendly even for those individuals who are not car savvy. The tool pairs with your mobile phone via a free CarMD app (iOS and Android) to provide peace of mind in the palm of your hand whether you're in your driveway, on a road trip or at a used car auction.
CarMD Mobile builds on the features that enabled the first-generation CarMD® product to empower more than a half-million car and truck owners to solve check engine problems, estimate repair costs, and gain peace of mind when it comes to their car's health and safety. In addition to mobile access, it adds vehicle history and enhanced health reports to empower anyone to negotiate a car repair or used car purchase. Also new is CarMD's Predictive Diagnostics detailing what is most likely to go wrong with a car in the next year including estimated repair costs, ideal to help budget for upcoming repairs, or decide whether to buy or sell a vehicle.
While other consumer automotive tools and apps only touch the surface with generic definitions to explain check engine light codes, CarMD tells you what's wrong and what caused it (in consumer speak) then details the estimated repair time and parts needed. CarMD is able to provide this detail because it has developed the largest database of validated fixes for OBD-related problems, applicable to more than 240 million cars, trucks, minivans, SUVs and hybrids on the road in the U.S. today.
The following is a list of CarMD Mobile features, functions and coverage:
- Bluetooth-enabled tool (for all U.S. cars, trucks, minivans, SUVs and hybrids manufactured since 1996)
- Patented LEDs (green, yellow, red) on the CarMD tool that indicate if a tested vehicle has a current or hidden problem (unlimited quick checks are ideal for road-trip or emissions readiness, or used car inspections)
- Free CarMD app (download on the App Store or Google play) for iPhone 3GS through 6S; iPad 2nd through 4th Generation and Mini; and most Android devices. The app includes Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) scan to help accurately identify the vehicle being tested
- Unlimited Vehicle Health Reports for each registered vehicle to see check engine light health, emissions "smog" check readiness, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, predicted repairs, safety recalls and technical service bulletins (TSBs)
- Personal portal (online and mobile access) to manage registered Garage Vehicles and get product support
- Option to access your CarMD Dashboard, manage your Garage Vehicles and email/print reports from an online computer with free, updateable software
- 5 free reports to see vehicle history, ownership costs and MPG (plus, option to purchase more)
- Toll-free access to U.S.-based Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified techs
For more information about the CarMD Mobile product, including setup process and approved vendors, visit http://www.carmd.com/wp/2150-setup/. For more information of the company, its products and services, visit www.carmd.com. Follow CarMD on Twitter: @CarMD and YouTube: CarMD.