CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Carowinds celebrates the renowned food culture of this region as it debuts Taste of the Carolinas on Saturdays and Sundays from April 18 through May 17.
This new signature event allows guests to eat, drink and experience the best of what the Carolinas have to offer:
- Guests will be able to experience nearly 40 sample-sized tastes from nine different regions of the Carolinas – from Smoked Trout Rillette Flatbread from the Mountain region to Calabash seafood of the coast.
- The Carolinas are rapidly becoming a hot spot for craft breweries and wineries, and guests will be able to taste a variety of beverages that perfectly complement the many food offerings at the event. Additionally, private sampling events will be offered on select dates with wine or craft beer experts.
- Daily chef appearances and demonstrations will take place at the Home Depot® Kitchen Stage, located inside the Park's 26,500 square-foot Harmony Hall Marketplace.
- Entertainment representing some of the best bands from around the Carolinas will perform daily.
- Ordinary food becomes extraordinary art with daily food art demonstrations, including sugar art, carved fruits and vegetables and more.
Damaris Phillips, winner of the ninth season of The Next Food Network Star and host of Southern at Heart, will be making an appearance on Saturday, April 18 to kick off the event with demonstrations and meet n' greet opportunities in the Park's Harmony Hall.
"We're proud that our food is another part of the enhanced Park experience here," says Kris Suita, Carowinds executive chef. "Taste of the Carolinas affords us the opportunity to showcase traditional Carolina staples in a new and unique way."
In addition to the new Taste of the Carolinas event, the Park recently introduced Fury 325 – the world's tallest and fastest giga coaster. With over 50 rides, shows and attractions, Carowinds is the perfect recipe of fun for the entire family.
For more information on Taste of the Carolinas and to purchase tickets, visit https://www.carowinds.com/taste.
Food and beverages for Taste of the Carolinas are not included with park admission and are available for an extra fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages.
For more than 40 years, Carowinds has been the place where the Carolinas come together. In 2015, we are excited to debut a fresh, new, and captivating experience for Carowinds -- one that celebrates the best that the Carolinas have to offer. We have nearly 400 acres packed with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions -- everything you need for creating lifelong memories. Thrill-seekers will get their fix with a total of 14 roller coasters – only three parks in the world have more. Families will delight in the zany rides and activities at Planet Snoopy, featuring Snoopy and the entire PEANUTS™ gang. Everyone will enjoy our spectacular high-energy live shows. When the heat rises, cool down at Boomerang Bay, our 20-acre waterpark with two gigantic wave pools, exhilarating water slides, a lazy river and so much more. Plus, Boomerang Bay is included in your park admission.
Carowinds is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Carowinds, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks including Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, three water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.
Contact: Laresa Thompson
Public Relations Manager