RALEIGH, N.C., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Carpio, a global provider of performance management software, announced the general availability of version 5.5 of its GesFin(TM) Comprehensive Performance Management (CPM) Suite, including versions optimized specifically for the Microsoft and MicroStrategy BI Reporting platforms.
Carpio's global customer base and reseller ecosystem have also continued to expand with the capabilities of the GesFin CPM Suite. New customers recently purchasing GesFin include Delphi Automotive, Foroni Industries, Killing Paints, and Plimor Transportation. New GesFin resellers include Jelecos, ZY Solutions, BI-Basics, BIPS, VPT, Indigo, Dirigio, Neutron, and SysVision.
"We have continued to apply feedback from our customers and partners into this release," explained Marco Fregenal, founder and chief executive officer of Carpio. "Our GesFin 5.5 release includes a new module for financial consolidation, enhanced data loading features, XBRL support, more planning model templates, and new user wizards designed to give more functionality and efficiency to our customers and partners. This release continues to support our strategy to provide the most comprehensive performance management software to both medium and large-sized organizations at the best possible value."
GesFin CPM Suite 5.5 highlights the following new features and benefits:
Financial Consolidation and Journal Entries
The new financial consolidation module automates the process of aggregating data from subsidiaries to the parent organization. GesFin performs the necessary currency translations, intercompany eliminations, and equity ownership calculations automatically. New features allow the logging of transactions into accounting journal entries with a complete audit trail of changes:
- New Journal entry screen and data entry templates for journal entry creation
- Workflow automation of journal entries to require approval
- Journal entry groups for better organization and classification of journal entries.
GesFin has enhanced its workflow engine to make it even more powerful and flexible. Features include:
- Support of predecessor tasks for more control and support of sequential and parallel activities
- Maintenance of workflow now available within Excel.
Improved Data Loading and Integration
GesFin provides a new interface to manage the loading of data from other systems to GesFin including configurable filters and data mapping tables. Features include:
- Data load import mapping from Excel
- New interface to view audit logs of data mapping and load routines
- New GesFin services to allow the execution of data load routines in batch mode.
GesFin has enhanced its support of XBRL with new features:
- XBRL taxonomies template to facilitate XBRL data import and export
- New export function so a user can export data from a GesFin input form to XBRL.
More Ease of Use and Maintenance Features
New features have been added to further simplify the building and maintenance of GesFin planning models:
- New planning model templates for common functions such as Payroll, Consolidation, CapEx, and others
- New wizard interface to further streamline configuration functions
- New menu navigation to reduce the number of user clicks
- Support for comments in aggregated accounts so users can provide further commentary and justification
- More flexible time dimension support to include prefixes and suffixes
- New formula navigation so user can browse through formulas within the formula edit screen
- New lookup functionality within Excel to search for model dimension and workflow records
- New drill feature to trace into data load routines and journal entries
- New read and write security role to allow separate permission for read and write
- Automated data mart connection setup
- Automated import support of date and list data type formats.
Carpio is a global provider of comprehensive performance management (CPM) solutions headquartered in Raleigh, NC. Carpio enables financial and operational performance transformation for organizations through its award-winning product, the GesFin(TM) Comprehensive Performance Management (CPM) Suite. GesFin is a web and Excel-based solution for strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, workflow, reporting, financial modeling, scenario planning, profitability analysis, KPI monitoring, and consolidation. Carpio has global delivery operations and resources in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Australia. For more information, please visit http://www.carpio.com.
919 522 0023