PARIS, November 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The 29th edition of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS 2014, the global high point in the digital security industry, took place at the Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre from 4 to 6 November, 2014.With over 19,000 visitors, 75% of whom were international and 460 exhibitors, CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS confirms its position as the leading event in the global market of secure payment solutions, identification and mobility, serving users and matching their current ways of living.
On the eve of this event's 30th anniversary, this is an opportunity to look back on 2014's facts, figures and highlights. This edition targeted mobility, with the central theme "Users on the Move".
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS 2014 FIGURES
- 19,156 visitors, including 75% of international attendees
- 163 countries were represented
- 460 exhibitors
- 145 forward-looking and theme based conferences and 7 panels discussions, hosted by 160 speakers with 1,591participants
TOP QUALITY VISITORS AND INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITORS
This year, 19,156 visitors came to CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS. With 75% of international visitors, the number of these participants confirms the leadership of the event on a global scale, as well as its capacity to meet market expectations and challenges shared by digital security professionals.
460 exhibitors, from 51 different countries, presented their innovative solutions during three days of exchanges and meetings between all stakeholders in this field. This year's edition also had 25% of new exhibitors - amounting to roughly a hundred new companies - , which proves the dynamics of this sector as well as the event's high capacity to respond to current challenges in this thriving and quickly changing industry.
The number of exhibitors in the contactless payment sector has doubled compared with the 2013 event, quite naturally responding to the demand of those specialised in secure payment solutions.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS,
A strategic event - our exhibitors say it better than we can:
Testimonial by Russell St.John, the Senior Vice-President of Entrust Datacard: "We were extremely pleased to take part in the new CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS trade fair.Year after year, this event attracts a resolutely international public, thousands of decision-makers, innovators and leaders in the payment, identification and mobility industries.2014 was a remarkable year, which allowed us to launch our new brand name identity, meet our customers, partners and prospects whilst presenting our latest innovations.We're looking forward to coming back next year to experience the next exciting edition of this event."
Testimonial from Dan Wagner, the Founder and CEO of Powa Technologies: "Today, CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS is one of the leading events in the entire world concerning the fields of payment, identification and mobility.This benchmark event was the ideal and strategic venue for Powa Technologies to makes its brand new partnership with Worldine, the winner of the SESAMES 2014 Trophy, public."
Testimonial from Bruno Mortreux, MobiWire's CEO: "MobiWire's first participation in CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS: and it was a huge success!MobiWire's stand, ideally located right in the middle of the Mobile Payment activity area, allowed us to present our complete range of Mobiprint payment terminals.Our Mobiprint 3, the latest member in the family, was acclaimed by all, as it presented a key feature, with the integration of the Android OS, thus giving our customers and prospects a myriad of possibilities to develop their applications.The CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS exhibition was the most strategic event on mobile payment solutions; this was the place to be to present our technology, in order to share our vision and enlarge our network.We're looking forward to next year!"
HIGHLIGHTS AND NEW 2014 PRODUCTS:INNOVATION AND CONNECTIVITY AT THE HEART OF THE OFFER
- The first DIGITAL SHOWCASE, in a partnership with the innovation agency FABERNOVEL: organised in the framework of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS, the goal of this innovative and first time ever operation was to offer a place where technologies that will reshape tomorrow's world could be tested, by setting up a forward-looking round table participative discussion and demonstration, dubbed Tech Playground.
For additional information: http://www.cartes.com/index.php/CARTES-2015/DIGITAL-SHOWCASE
- On 3 November, the 19th SESAMES Awards Ceremony was held: since 1995, this competition has become an institution and label coveted by all participants. This year the SESAMES Awardscompetition had ten winners per activity centre, as well as a start-up, the winner of the Discovery SESAMES Award.
The 2014 SESAMES Awards Winners: http://www.cartes.com/SESAMES-Awards/The-SESAMES-Awards
- Conferences and the Opening Summit : a place for networking, exchanges and business, the 29th edition of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS hosted 1,591 attendees with its 145 theme-based and forward-looking conferences on cutting-edge subjects with 160 prominent international speakers.
The Opening Summit, which officially kicked off the 2014 event, included payment, identification and mobility ecosystems in the same venue, with debates chaired by leaders in these fields on the latest trends and innovations in this industry. Eurosmart, an international association representing the digital security industry, also gave an exclusive presentation about the market's facts and figures and key trends for tomorrow.
For additional information: http://www.cartes.com/Conference/Opening-Summit
- The STARTUP CHALLENGE: rolled out this year to actively support start-ups, these new innovative entrepreneurs, very active in terms of digital security, the "STARTUP CHALLENGE" gave candidates an unequalled market showcase, as well as financial support, ensured by CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS, to accompany them in their expansion.
For additional information: http://www.cartes.com/index.php/CARTES-2015/STARTUP-CHALLENGE
- The Connected Commerce Area: in a partnership with ADN'co for the second consecutive year, this space brought together innovations of 11 very buoyant companies in the fields of commerce and distribution, whilst presenting them as a customer would experience their services, in an entertaining, lively and interactive way.
For additional information: http://www.cartes.com/CARTES-2015/Connected-Commerce-Area
- The United Arab Emirates, 2014's guests of honour: countries at the cutting-edge of connectivity, the U.A.E were honoured in this 29th edition.
For additional information: http://www.cartes.com/Press-Room/CARTES-Press-Releases/UAE-THE-EVENT-S-COUNTRY-OF-HONOUR
HEADING TOWARDS OUR 30th ANNIVERSARY IN 2015!
From 17 through 19 November, 2015 Paris will host the 30th edition of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS and the 20th edition of the SESAMES Awards competition. In 2015, CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS will be held at the same time as Milipol, the worldwide exhibition of internal State Security.
This double anniversary will be an opportunity to reaffirm the strong position of the event that has accompanied evolutions in the digital security sector since 1985, right from the very first steps of internet which was but a toddler in the 80s, until today's mobile and ultra-connected era.
On the eve of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS' 30th anniversary, the information society of the 90s has abandoned its place to the digital society made up of mobility, dematerialisation, social networking, connections and services available in real time. This new deal has changed the way industrial leaders work, and thus our event, which today, more than ever, must embody technical security so that this can become a more democratic concept.
The challenge facing our industry today is to make electronic and digital technology exchanges safe and reliable to ensure end-user trust in these new technologies.The ambition, once again, of CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS, is to embody this trust in the future.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS, THE ONLY EVENT IN THE WORLD WITH COMPLETE PAYMENT, IDENTIFICATION AND MOBILITY SOLUTIONS FOR 30 YEARS
Since it was launched in 1985, CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS has always followed changes in this field to be able to support professionals and respond to key challenges in this field. Its core offer resides in the promotion of companies and their solutions, in the field of security and end-user protection, in the context of ever-increasing mobility and dematerialisation of services.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS now is the only event in the entire world that presents a global offer of secure solutions, addressing finance, retail, public administration, identity and access, telecommunications and transport, with origins throughout the entire world.
SEE YOU AT OUR NEXT EVENT
FROM 17 TO 19 NOVEMBER 2015 AT PARIS NORD VILLEPINTE!
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS is also:
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS ASIA, on 18 and 19 March, 2015 in Hong Kong: http://www.cartes-asia.com/
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS AMERICA, from 5 to 7 May, 2015 in Washington DC, USA: http://www.cartes-america.com/
FROM 17 TO 19 NOVEMBER, 2015
AT THE PARIS-NORD VILLEPINTE EXHIBITION CENTRE
For more information, please visit: http://www.cartes.com
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS is organised by COMEXPOSIUM.
COMEXPOSIUM Group, a European leader in events organisation, is involved in 114 events for the public and professionals alike, covering 17 sectors of activity. It hosts 38,000 exhibitors every year, one third of them from abroad, and 3.5 million attendees, 400,000 of whom are foreign. With over 350 team members, COMEXPOSIUM organises five of the ten largest French events: SIAL, Intermat, EMBALLAGE, SIMA, and Foire de Paris.
Press contacts - RPCA Agency
SOURCE CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS 2014 (COMEXPOSIUM)