SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Catbird, the leader in security policy automation and enforcement for private clouds and virtual infrastructure, today announced Catbird 6.0 (formerly Catbird vSecurity®), the latest version of its security automation solution.
Catbird 6.0 brings the automation and agility of the cloud to security automation and compliance enforcement. This new version will extend support for both VMware® and Microsoft® hypervisors while supporting VMware and Cisco® offerings including VMware NSX® and Cisco ACI®. New application programming interfaces (APIs) enable enterprises to automate and enforce security policy with auditing for continuous compliance with integration into their existing management systems. Catbird 6.0 also expands its continuous monitoring capabilities to include extensive configuration checks based on Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and updates for FISMA, FedRAMP, ISO27001* and PCI DSS 3.0. According to a recent Verizon PCI report, only 9.4% of organizations investigated after a data breach were compliant with PCI Requirement 10, indicating that these organizations had no continuous compliance monitoring practices in place.
"Catbird brings policy and compliance out of the filing cabinet and into the cloud age, transforming these dynamic, self-scaling environments into compliance-aware and precisely controlled systems. Building in continuous monitoring and measurement to standards like PCI makes compliance business-as-usual rather than an afterthought. Our customers realize huge savings by reducing prep time for assessments, ensuring control of in-scope assets and eliminating costly audit disruptions, typically reporting full ROI in under a year," said Edmundo Costa, CEO for Catbird. "Catbird 6.0 delivers unparalleled security automation and compliance enforcement, integrates into existing architecture, and is SDN-ready, ensuring a smooth, policy-led transition to software-defined networking as these solutions become more widely deployed."
Key Features of Catbird 6.0:
- Multi-hypervisor support* – Consistent security policy automation and compliance enforcement across Microsoft Hyper-VTM and VMware vSphere®.
- Management API – Enterprises and service providers can now integrate security policy and compliance enforcement into their existing provisioning and management processes. Catbird 6.0 API includes ACL and alert operations, asset searching and enumeration, compliance state retrieval, event operations, and Catbird TrustZones® management and configuration.
- Expanded role-based administrative functions* – Six roles including auditor, operator, firewall operator, and compliance officer, allowing customers to precisely align policy management with existing administration, security and compliance roles.
- Enhanced continuous monitoring – SCAP configuration checking allows users to download security benchmarks from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and run configuration checks against those benchmarks. With SCAP, customers can continuously monitor their security posture based upon codified security benchmarks established by credible third parties and define configuration checks that are a requirement for organizations including federal government agencies.
- Cisco & VMware virtual firewall integration – First security policy automation and enforcement solution to orchestrate two of the industry's leading virtual firewalls, Cisco Virtual Secure Gateway (VSG) and VMware vCloud® Networking and SecurityTM. Customers can track and maintain the status of virtual firewalls and other security controls continuously, such as IDS/IPS, NAC, and virtual infrastructure monitoring, no matter where assets move on the network and what changes are made.
Catbird will be showcasing the new 6.0 release at RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco, Feb. 24-28 2014, in booth 2505. The software is available immediately and a fully-functional evaluation version is available at www.catbird.com/demo.
* Coming soon.
Catbird brings the power, agility and automation of the cloud to security policy and compliance, with a solution that automates, instruments and enforces policy while providing proof of continuous compliance. Customers rely on Catbird for managing cloud and virtualized infrastructure subject to compliance requirements including HIPAA, PCI-DSS, FISMA and SOX. For more information, visit http://www.catbird.com.
Copyright © 2014 Catbird Networks, Inc. all rights reserved. This product is protected by U.S. and international copyright and intellectual property laws. Catbird products are covered by one or more patents. Catbird, vSecurity, and Catbird TrustZones are registered trademarks of Catbird Networks, Inc. in the U.S and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.