SOMERSET, N.J., July 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cats from California to New Jersey will be heading to the Garden State Cat Club of New Jersey, Inc. 79th annual Cat Show/Expo on Saturday and Sunday, July 18 and 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be held at the Garden State Exhibit Center, 50 Atrium Drive, Somerset, N.J. It is New Jersey's largest cat show. Whether you're a cat lover, a trainer, a presenter or simply looking for the "purr-fect" family outing, there is something for everyone. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $5 for children under 12. With a coupon, there a $1 discount on admission for seniors and adults, and a family rate of $25 which admits up to four people (maximum of two adults).
The Expo, affiliated with Cat Fanciers' Association, is the not-for-profit club's major fundraiser to support cats through local feline welfare groups. Events include:
- Pedigree and Household
- Cat Show: 250+ cats will compete for rosettes; many of the cats will become regional and national champions.
- Feline Agility (Jumping) Competition: Fleet-footed cats will compete on an obstacle course.
- Ambassador Cats: Cats and their owners educate the public.
- Pet CPR Demos: Steve Ross of First Aid & CPR, LLC, will demonstrate CPR steps to save your dog or cat in an emergency situation until medical aid can arrive.
- Emergency Pet Evacuation: The Somerset County Animal Response Team (CART) experts will help you and your pet be prepared for a disaster.
- Adopt-A-Cat: Local shelters will have cats available for adoption.
- Ask the Vet: Four veterinarians will be on site both days to answer your questions.
- Cats in Cars: "Chat" with therapy cats Waffle and Tirzah while they are "driving cars."
- Meet the Breeds: Emcee CFA Judge Sharon Roy educates attendees about the many cat breeds.
A face painter, a sand artist and 40+ vendors also will be there. For more information, call (908) 276-9423 or check the club's website.
Photo Caption: Pixel competing in the feline agility (jumping) competition.
Photo Credit: Bohm Marrazzo Photography
SOURCE Garden State Cat Club of New Jersey, Inc.