LOS ANGELES, Oct. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MarVista Digital Entertainment (MVDE) brings the holiday magic into the home this season with two new heartwarming movies making their U.S. Premiere in November, My Dad is Scrooge and 12 Dog Days Till Christmas. Providing entertainment that the whole family will enjoy, the two new movies are available across a number of digital platforms.
Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite), Charles Shaugnessy (The Nanny) and Bonnie Wright (Harry Potter franchise) lend their voice talent to the holiday movie My Dad is Scrooge, taking A Christmas Carol and turning it into A Christmas Corral as the animals of Woodsley Farm help siblings Oliver and June stage the classic tale in an effort to convince their Dad to embrace the spirit of the holidays. Oliver and June are prepping for their mom's Christmas pageant, but their dad EB (Brian Cook) has lost his love for Christmas. The kids see the worst of EB's Scrooge-like behavior when he takes them to the Woodsley Farm only to serve the owners a foreclosure notice. All seems lost until Oliver is awakened to all of the Woodsley Farm animals in his room—and much to his surprise, talking! Oliver, June and the animals work together to use the classic tale of A Christmas Carol to get back the farm and help EB believe in Christmas once again!
- Available on Amazon, AT&T, Google Play, iTunes, Vimeo and VUDU on November 1; and on Comcast, November 3.
In 12 Dog Days Till Christmas, Jack Vincent Giovagnoli (Passport to Explore) is a charming but misguided foster teenager who can't seem to stay out of trouble and is assigned by his probation officer (Reginald VelJohnson, Family Matters) to help with clean up at a local animal shelter for his community service. With a lack of funds, the shelter will soon close its doors, and Jack is reluctantly persuaded by Ryan (Grainne McDermott, 1 Chance to Dance), one of the three girls who run the shelter, to use his charms to help place all the dogs in loving homes before Christmas. But as Jack spends more time around the homeless pups, he starts to realize that his own life might parallel that of the animals around him. With the clock ticking—and for the first time in his life—Jack finds a sense of responsibility and real connection to the true spirit of Christmas as he joins forces with Ryan to find homes for 12 of the most unwanted pups.
- Available on Amazon, AT&T, Google Play, iTunes, Vimeo and VUDU on November 29.
Rounding out MVDE's digital movie offerings in November are three more holiday movies that bring timeless tales to Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Vimeo and VUDU audiences:
- Christmas Belle, starring Haylie Duff (Material Girls) and Nicholas Gonzalez (The Purge: Anarchy) introduces Belle, an auctioneer who is hired to finalize the estate sale of the temperamental owner. As Belle and Hunter work closely together, Hunter begins to soften... putting both the estate sale and his heart in jeopardy.
- Samaire Armstrong (Resurrection) and Matthew Lawrence (Boy Meets World) star in My Santa, the story of a single mother who rediscovers the magic of Christmas after meeting a handsome mall Santa.
- Secret of the Nutcracker, an innovative retelling of the classic Christmas tale featuring Brian Cox (Red).
MarVista Digital Entertainment (MVDE) launched in August 2014 as a division of MarVista Entertainment—a Los Angeles-based leading independent global producer and distributor of film and television programming with a library featuring over 2,000 hours of high quality entertainment content across a broad range of genres. MVDE licenses original and acquired content to leading digital platforms across cable, satellite, telco, broadband and consoles throughout North America.
To receive access information to screen movies and for product artwork, please contact:
Michelle Orsi/Carol Holdsworth,
Three.Sixty Marketing & Communications
SOURCE MarVista Entertainment