ST. LOUIS, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Parker B. Condie Jr., chairman of the Fair Saint Louis Foundation, and Bob Ciapciak, chairman of the 2013 Fair Saint Louis and Celebrate St. Louis Summer concerts, announced key highlights for this summer's 2013 Fair Saint Louis, which will be hosted on the grounds of the Gateway Arch on Thursday, July 4; Friday, July 5; and Saturday, July 6; and will include concerts, air shows and entertainment for all ages.
Fair Saint Louis Foundation Programming Highlights:
Thursday, July 4
- 7 a.m. – Fair Saint Louis activities kick off with the Schnuck's Freedom 4 Miler & Family Fun Run, organized and produced in partnership with the St. Louis Sports Commission. Proceeds support the Fair Saint Louis Foundation and Sports Commission's efforts in attracting, creating and managing major sporting events for St. Louis that contribute to the overall quality of life for the region. Runners can register at fairsaintlouis.org.
- 9:30 a.m. – The 136th annual Veiled Prophet Parade, themed "It's About Time," steps off.
- 12 p.m. – Fair Saint Louis officially opens with the first of two air shows, Kids Town and Culture Stage activities.
- 8 p.m. – Four-time Grammy nominee Trace Adkins performs on the Budweiser Main Stage, followed by the spectacular Fair Saint Louis fireworks.
Friday, July 5
- 12 p.m. – Gates open; programming throughout the afternoon features live music, Kids Town and performances on the Cultural Stage.
- 8 p.m. – Multiplatinum global superstar Bret Michaels performs on the Budweiser Main Stage, followed by the spectacular Fair Saint Louis fireworks.
Saturday, July 6
- 12 p.m. – Gates open; programming throughout the day will feature live music, Kids Town and the performances on Cultural Stage.
- 8 p.m. – The Counting Crows perform, followed by the spectacular Fair Saint Louis fireworks.
Following Fair Saint Louis, the summer concerts will move to Soldiers Memorial for two weekends: July 12-13 and July 19-20. Entertainment will be announced on May 1, 2013. For additional details and updates to the schedule, visit fairsaintlouis.org.
The Fair Saint Louis Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, operates the Fair and Celebrate St. Louis Summer Concerts each year and has donated numerous gifts to the St. Louis community in conjunction with these events.
SOURCE The Fair Saint Louis Foundation