LONDON, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The high-growth application areas, such as personal care, pharmaceutical, construction, food ingredients are driving the demand in the cellulose ether & derivatives market."
The global cellulose ether & derivatives market is projected to reach USD 6.30 billion, by 2020, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, between 2015 and 2020. Growing pharmaceutical application is one of the key reasons for the growth of the cellulose ether & derivatives market, globally. Emissions of HAPs (hazardous air pollutants) during production hinder the growth of the market. Asia-Pacific captures almost more than half of the cellulose ether & derivatives market owing to the growing production facilities and rise in the standard of living.
"Methyl cellulose and derivatives, the fastest growing product type for cellulose ether & derivatives"
Cellulose ether & derivatives are high molecular weight compounds produced by changing the hydrogen atoms of hydroxyl groups in the anhydroglucose units of cellulose with alkyl or substituted alkyl groups. Methyl cellulose and its derivatives market consists of methyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, and hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose. Methyl cellulose and derivatives market is the fastest growing product type for cellulose ether & derivatives due to its performance and increasing demand from pharmaceutical applications.
"Asia-Pacific, the fastest-growing market of cellulose ether & derivatives"
Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest-growing market for cellulose ether & derivatives market. The growth of the market in the region is attributed to expansion of production capacity, high demand for end-use products, and others. On the other hand, the matured markets of North America and Europe are not expected to witness growth as high as that in Asia-Pacific or RoW during the forecast period. These markets are saturated and do not have any domestic demand. Therefore, the manufacturing units in these two regions are closing only to expand in the emerging markets of the Asia-Pacific region. With the recent expansion activities by key players in the Asia-Pacific region, the demand for cellulose ether & derivatives in this region is projected to register the highest CAGR between 2015 and 2020.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided under three categories: by company, by designation, and by region.
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 34%, Tier 2- 33% and Tier 3- 33%
- By Designation- C Level- 12%, Director Level- 25% and Others- 63%
- By Region- North America- 12%, Europe- 12%, Asia-Pacific- 63%, and RoW- 13%
The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major market players, such as Samsung Fine Chemicals (Korea), AkzoNobel Performance Additives (The Netherlands), Ashland Inc. (U.S.), SE Tylose (Germany), CP Kelco. (U.S.), J. Rettenmaier & Söhne GmbH + Co.KG (JRS) (Germany), Dai-Ichi Kogyo Seiyaku Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Daicel Fine Chem Ltd. (Japan). .
The report is expected to help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the cellulose ether & derivatives market comprehensively and provide the closest approximations of the market size, in terms of value and volume, of the overall market and the sub segments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on the key market drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges.
3. This report is expected to help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights about the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3473698/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48