BOSTON, Oct. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cengage, an education and technology company, will be at EDUCAUSE 2016 showcasing products and services that champion students and inspire them to "Be Unstoppable." The Cengage booth (#1421) will feature multiple demo stations and opportunities to interact with students and Cengage executives.
"At Cengage, we accelerate students' learning and their lives," said George Moore, Chief Technology Officer for Cengage. "Our immersive education experiences let students master concepts, develop critical thinking skills and apply concepts to the real world. Students don't just get the grade they want; they gain skills for life."
Executives from Learning Objects, a Cengage company, will make presentations on topics related to Competency Based Education (CBE) and credentialing. In addition, Learning Objects will unveil its comprehensive Competency Based Learning platform.
The Cengage booth will prominently feature new branding for the company reinforcing the importance of confidence in learning.
"Confident students are successful learners, so we create engaging experiences that build confidence and momentum," said Daniel Sieger, Senior Vice President of Brand Strategy. "Cengage's tools keep students and instructors moving toward their goals."
Below is further detail on Cengage presentations and booth demos:
Building Blocks of CBE: Backward Design, Authentic Assessment, Credentials, & Evidence-Based Learning
Presenters: Jonathan Mott, Chief Learning Officer, Cengage; Eric Denna, CIO of University of Maryland - College Park
Wednesday, Oct. 26 – 11:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (PT)
Meeting Room 303B
Connected Credentials and Competencies: Bridging the Education-to-Employment Gap
Presenters: Dr. Deborah Everhart, VP, Design & Innovation, Learning Objects; Marie Cini - Provost & SVP for Academic Affairs, University of Maryland University College
Friday, Oct. 28 – 9:10 a.m. – 10 :00 a.m. (PT)
Meeting Room 211A/B
Cengage booth #1421 features demo stations from Cengage and Learning Objects highlighting:
- MindTap – Cengage's award-winning MindTap is a full digital course experience designed to build confident learners. MindTap Mobile, compatible with iOS and Android, helps on-the-go students stay organized and optimize small pockets of study time. As recently announced, MindTap Mobile now features the ability to download an entire textbook in less than ten seconds for offline reading. Newly available MindTap for Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics, developed with students and instructors, reflects a deep appreciation and understanding of today's STEM courses.
- Innovation – The Innovation station features Cengage's institutional services and inclusive access programs, which are designed to deliver affordable and accessible solutions for students. Cengage's instructional design and online design services support institutions in the development of curriculum. Outcome and assessment analysis programs work with institutions to evaluate and strengthen existing instructional quality.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) – As revealed in a recent Cengage white paper, OER may triple in use as primary courseware within five years. Engaging students in learning content – whether traditional course material or open content – is essential. Cengage recognizes that OER can work with proprietary content and can be included on existing platforms, such as MindTap and Learning Objects. Moving forward, Cengage is focused on what more can be done to help those who choose to embrace OER to ensure it is most effective.
- Competency-Based Programs & New Learning Models –Many of today's academic institutions are in search of new models for teaching and learning to set students up for success. The new CBL Platform from Learning Objects supports a comprehensive competency-aligned program with authentic assessment.
- Credentials & Portfolios – Institutions can create transparency and ensure credentials are mapped to outcomes and competencies through a redesign of their credentialing models. Learn more about how to create pathways to increase access and equity with credentials that are portable and are easily understood by all key stakeholders.
For more information or to arrange media interviews with Cengage executives onsite, contact Lindsay Stanley at email@example.com.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub in San Francisco. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in more than 125 countries around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
Lindsay Stanley, Cengage
SOURCE Cengage Learning