WASHINGTON, April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following fact sheet about Center for Strategic & International Studies' new headquarters is being issued by Hickok Cole Architects:
- One of the world's preeminent, bipartisan think tanks on foreign policy and national security issues, CSIS marks its 50 year anniversary with a new state-of-the-art headquarters on a prominent site just off Scott Circle in northwest Washington, DC.
- The "contemporary monumentality" conveyed in the design of this nine-story, Class A build-to-suit represents the client's international and institutional presence.
- The multi-story interior atrium, called "the Commons" is designed to follow the rhythm and patterns of the workday, encouraging casual interaction between scholars and staff in the Living Room, mail area, cafe or the "Ideas Lab."
- Eight world-class, state-of-the-art conferencing facilities, totaling 20,000 sf, are able to accommodate 20 to 400 people. A central computer system controlling temperature, audio-visual equipment and shading links throughout all of the conference rooms.
- Using the firm's collaborative design process, Hickok Cole Architects won the job through a two stage design competition among a wide range of nationally prominent design firms.
If you would like high-resolution images for press purposes, please ask!
HICKOK COLE ARCHITECTS, INC is an award-winning Architectural and Interior Design firm in Washington, DC. Led by Senior Principals Michael E. Hickok, AIA and Yolanda Cole, AIA, IIDA, LEED AP, the sixty-five person firm provides design services to the Washington area real estate and corporate communities. The firm specializes in the design of commercial office buildings, multi-family housing and interior design for corporate and non-profit clients.
SOURCE Hickok Cole Architects