WASHINGTON, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. today announced two redesigned websites – www.CFP.net and www.LetsMakeaPlan.org – that include crisp, fresh looks, clearer navigation and new ways to engage consumers, CFP® professionals and other stakeholders.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cfp-board-introduces-new-websites-for-stakeholders-and-consumers-192289631.html
"Websites are like storefronts for any organization – they need to be inviting, accessible and offer visitors a great experience. Our new websites do just that and more, providing an opportunity for our stakeholders and the public to explore CFP Board, our certification and the value of financial planning," said Kevin Keller, Chief Executive Officer of CFP Board. "These new sites have a dynamic look and feel that reflects the organization and its mission of benefiting the public."
The new sites include an array of new features and resources to help CFP® professionals, prospective CFP® certification candidates, education providers, policy makers, and the public quickly find the information they need. Whether it's learning about how to become a CFP® professional, searching for updated continuing education information or looking for a CFP® professional, the new websites offer something for everyone.
Some of the new elements of CFP.net include:
- Easier navigation and responsive design. Designed for today's mobile environment, the site's navigation is intuitive and adaptable to multiple platforms – desktops, tablets and smart phones.
- More social media, video. Interact with CFP Board and use new social media tools to share content, such as videos featuring CFP® professionals.
- Helpful new quick links. Easily find what you are looking for with quick links to our most requested information such as learning how to become a CFP® professional or general financial planning advice.
- Expanded "Find a CFP® professional" tool. Consumers can find a CFP® professional who meets their needs through a search tool using specific criteria such as location, compensation type and specialization.
- Searchable CE feature. CFP® professionals can easily sort through a wide variety of continuing education (CE) programs that will meet CFP Board's renewal requirements.
- Enhanced Public Awareness Campaign toolkit. To help extend CFP Board's marketing and public awareness campaign at the local level, CFP® professionals have access to this digital toolkit full of resources that highlight the importance of working with a CFP® professional.
In addition to the main CFP.net site, CFP Board also re-launched its consumer site – LetsMakeaPlan.org, which features accessible, timely and relevant information about financial planning, steps to creating a plan and how to find a CFP® professional that meets one's needs. The new consumer site also features educational content from CFP Board Consumer Advocate Eleanor Blayney, CFP®, as well as a variety of publications, calculators and other helpful tools.
ABOUT CFP BOARD
The mission of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for competent and ethical personal financial planning. The Board of Directors, in furthering CFP Board's mission, acts on behalf of the public, CFP® professionals, and other stakeholders. CFP Board owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, CFP® (with plaque design), and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements. CFP Board currently authorizes more than 67,000 individuals to use these marks in the U.S.
SOURCE Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.