Change the Car, Change the World: What's Next for the Auto Industry
Jan. 12 at Detroit's Westin Book Cadillac Hotel: Inforum's Annual Auto Show Breakfast
Jan 09, 2012, 05:19 ET
DETROIT, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Will cars really drive themselves? Is the internal combustion engine going away? Will your children and grandchildren dream of careers in the auto industry? Join Inforum and Inforum's AutomotiveNEXT initiative to hear from top futurists and technology leaders about what's coming -- the exciting future of the industry and the world-class jobs in it.
Among the topics to be discussed:
- Cutting-edge technology that will change the car. Learn what's next from a former Apple executive and hear how the car is becoming a high-tech connectivity device.
- Women are leading change. Find out how women lead and why they are particularly well suited to lead the transformation of the industry.
- Hear why you want your children to choose this industry for their careers. Learn why some of the best jobs in the world will be in the NEW automotive industry.
- The car business can and should attract the best talent. Learn directly from Gen Y what Gen Y truly wants and expects from their jobs – this is the generation that will truly lead during this transformative time in the industry.
"The car is going to be with us for a long time, but in the coming decades we can expect to see it change in dramatic and exciting ways," said Terry Barclay, president and CEO of Inforum and Inforum Center for Leadership. "The speakers at our Jan. 12 breakfast event will provide informed insight about what's coming and why the auto business will be a catalyst for innovation for years to come. They also will explain why, for generations ahead, some of the coolest jobs in America and globally will be in the auto industry."
Date/Time: Jan. 12, 7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Location: Westin Book Cadillac, Detroit
Cost: $45 Inforum members; $55 for non-member; $500 for a table of 10
- Peter Brown, publisher and editorial director, Automotive News
- Lisa Bodell, founder and CEO of futurethink
- Jeff Martin, CEO, Tribal Brands
- Estella Woo, Bosch
- Kim Korth, president and owner of IRN Inc.
Inforum is Michigan's leading business forum for women, with more than 1,800 members from a cross-section of Michigan's business community. The mission of the organization is to strengthen the business environment by creating opportunities for women to lead and succeed. Founded as the Women's Economic Club in 1962 in Detroit, Inforum has affiliates in Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan. For more information, visit www.inforummichigan.org or call 877.633.3500.
AutomotiveNEXT is a group of Inforum members dedicated to bringing together the top minds in the automotive and manufacturing fields – minds that will set the course of the future and find fresh ways of filling the pipeline with capable women.
NOTE TO EDITORS: One representative from each media outlet covering the event is welcome to attend at no charge. To register for media credentials contact James Melton, communications manager, (313) 578-3244; [email protected].
Share this article