PORTSMOUTH, N.H., June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether new to the job or a seasoned caretaker, WaterWipes knows just how important dads are and the many roles they play. This Father's Day, WaterWipes, the World's Purest Baby Wipes, is releasing the findings of a new survey that shows how much dads are taking on when it comes to diaper duty.
WaterWipes knows dads because the company was founded by one – Edward McCloskey, who sought out a better, chemical free wipe solution for his daughter's diaper rash. When he couldn't find one, he created his own after years of development. With absolutely no chemical ingredients, WaterWipes are simply made up of 99.9 percent water and .1 percent grapefruit seed extract, a natural skin conditioner, making them the World's Purest Baby Wipes and best choice dads can make for their babies.
"WaterWipes was born out of a father's instinct – that same instinct we all have to find what's best for our children," said Christophe Bernigaud, Vice President of WaterWipes Americas. "As a dad myself, having one less thing to worry about is so important. WaterWipes has just two, simple ingredients. This gives me peace of mind to get back to my most important job – Dad."
Dads on Duty
WaterWipes surveyed more than 1,000 millennial parents and found out how dads respond to the call of duty – diaper duty – and all that goes with it. According to survey data, dads are more involved in the day-to-day than their own dads were.
- THEN VS. NOW: Three in four dads (75 percent) say that they have changed more diapers than their own fathers did, at this point as parents.
- LEANING ON THE JOB: Over a third of Millennial dads (35 percent) were taught by their spouse or partner how to change a diaper and clean their baby's bottom, and another third (35 percent) were taught by their own mothers.
- SLEEP TIGHT: Ninety-three percent of millennial dads have woken in the middle of the night, at least once, to change their baby's diaper.
Dads care about the products that are going on baby's delicate, sensitive skin – and the majority of millennial dads (80 percent) said if their baby wipe has ingredients they can't pronounce or don't know what they are, they would feel motivated to look for an alternative baby wipe that was more natural. With this, WaterWipes talked to real dads 1:1 to get their take on baby wipes and their ingredients – here is a video of what they had to say.
Tips from One Dad to Another
According to the same survey, nearly all millennial parents (95 percent) agree that more men's restrooms should contain baby tables/stations. For those still new to the job title of dad, La Guardia Cross from New Father Chronicles has these tips for new dads this Father's Day when it comes to changes on the go.
- Be Prepared: One thing babies don't have to learn, is how to be unpredictable. When you leave the house, bring more than you need. More diapers, more wipes, and more patience. You'll be shocked to find out how much bodily waste a tiny human can produce.
- Be Flexible: Within a baby's diaper is a world of no rules or schedules. Changing a diaper in an accommodating restroom is nice, but sometimes you'll be changing your kid in the passenger's seat, or whatever random spot you're standing in. Portable changing mats will make you feel less like an animal.
- Be Confident: During a change, things can get hectic – tears may be shed and there might be some screaming… but stay cool, you're too old to be making all that noise! My first girl screamed like she was being abducted by aliens at every changing, but seconds later was happy to be cleaned. Do what you can to distract and pacify them, but know that it's ok either way, because you're keeping them clean.
- Be Thorough: It's easy to rush through when changing on the go, but it's important to get them clean cause diaper rash sucks! Using a gentle wipe like WaterWipes will take care of booty debris and leave your baby's delicate skin intact. Plus it can help with diaper rash.
"Diaper changing can be a great time to bond with your baby. You're face to face, you're providing relief, and their baby poo doesn't stink yet (hopefully)," said Cross. "All jokes aside, enjoy these moments and don't be too hard on yourself. You and your baby have a lot to learn from each other. Use products you believe in, read labels, trust your instincts, and keep an open mind."
This United States survey was conducted online by WaterWipes from March 29 through April 3, 2017 among 1,016 respondents, millennial parents with children in the household of 3 years old and under.
WaterWipes, a global Irish brand, are the world's purest wipes and the only wipes in the world that are as gentle on your baby's skin as pure water. Scientifically formulated to be as kind to delicate skin as cotton and water – but in a much more convenient format – the only two ingredients used in WaterWipes are 99.9% purified water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract. They may help avoid diaper rash and won't irritate other sensitive skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. For more information, please go to www.waterwipes.com/us.
1 Survey: Millennial Parents MediaGenic Primary Research, 2017
Zeno Group for WaterWipes
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/changes-at-the-changing-table-waterwipes-survey-finds-millennial-dads-are-changing-significantly-more-diapers-than-their-own-fathers-300472748.html