SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Chelsio Communications, a leading provider of 10Gb Ethernet Unified Wire Adapters, ASICs and Unified Storage software solutions, today announced a family of highly scalable, high performance storage configurations based on Unified Storage Server (USS) software and off-the-shelf components. Designed for system integrators and resellers selling solutions for scalable cloud storage and HPC distributed storage, these pre-certified storage configurations can scale from 50 Terabytes to more than a Petabyte.
All the solutions include Chelsio USS software preinstalled, which upgrades the configurations from boxes with disks into high performance, feature-rich file and block storage solutions. The configurations are all built from Supermicro® platforms, LSI® RAID cards and Chelsio T4 Unified Wire Adapters. The BOM for these configurations are available to Chelsio integrators and resellers to enable local, partial and derivative solutions.
The storage configurations are:
- Unified Storage Array, a high performance array that supports both block and file data on a single, unified platform. One Unified Storage Array delivers up to 108 terabytes of storage, 4GB/s bandwidth, more than 250,000 IOPs performance.
- Unified Storage Head, a dual HA head solution available with or without integrated storage. The Unified Storage Head delivers both block and file data on a single, unified platform. It delivers 150,000 IOPs performance and 2.5GB/s bandwidth per head in a SBB form factor.
"Supermicro's server and storage Building Block Solutions offer maximum performance, reliability and expandability for the most demanding, data-intensive applications," said Wally Liaw, vice president of sales, International, at Supermicro. "We are pleased to have Chelsio certifying configurations based on Supermicro's platforms that deliver increasingly higher levels of IOPs and storage capacity. Working together, we are providing customers the best quality, performance and price to help them successfully support and scale their businesses."
Unified Storage Array
The Unified Storage Array is housed in a 4U storage chassis, which includes 36 3.5" hot-swappable drive bays. It is available in two standard configurations:
- ARRAY 4U36. There are no hard drives included. Here, the integrator provides disks for the configuration depending on the amount of storage capacity required for the application. The US list price for the ARRAY 4U36 is $24,149.
- ARRAY 4U36-SAS-108. This fully populated turnkey configuration includes 36 Enterprise 3TB 6GB/s hard drives for the maximum configuration available on the configuration. The US List price for the ARRAY 4U36-SAS-108 is $51,533.
Unified Storage Head
The Unified Storage Head comes in two configurations, as a dual HA head with integrated SAS storage in an SBB form factor, and as a dual HA head with external storage in a 2U form factor. The SAS configuration utilizes a 3U storage chassis, with dual SBB-compliant motherboards, and 16 3.5" hot-swappable drive bays per head. The 2U form factor is available with dual motherboards and six hot swappable drives per bay head. SBB configurations are available with or without storage drives:
- TWINHEAD-SBB. No storage drives are included, providing complete solution flexibility to the system integrator. US list price: $40,383.
- TWINHEAD-SBB-SAS-48. A fully populated, turnkey solution with 16 3TB Enterprise SAS drives. US list price: $52,958.
- TWINHEAD. An unpopulated configuration intended to be a front-end configuration to an external array. US list price is $46,617.
Chelsio Unified Storage Server (USS) Software
Some features of USS include:
- Ease-of-Use: Use the Web-based GUI, Local GUI, or Character Cell interface to configure and deploy block and file storage. This also includes the ability to easily configure the supported RAID cards right from within USS.
- Low TCO: USS provides some of the lowest cost per Gigabyte solutions in the industry. Users can add storage to the solution with no additional software licenses.
- Chelsio T4 Technology: USS uses Chelsio's Unified Wire technology to provide unsurpassed off-load capabilities that provide some of the highest performance in the industry.
- Mission Critical: Chelsio USS provides for Highly Available configurations as well as replication and snapshots.
About Chelsio Communications, Inc.
Chelsio is a leading technology company focused on solving high performance networking and storage challenges for virtualized enterprise data centers, cloud service installations, and cluster computing environments. Now shipping its fourth generation protocol acceleration technology, Chelsio is delivering hardware and software solutions including Unified Wire Ethernet network adapter cards, unified storage software, high performance storage gateways, unified management software, bypass cards, and other solutions focused on specialized applications. Visit the company at www.chelsio.com.
SOURCE Chelsio Communications, Inc.