BEIJING, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- China Finance Online Co. Limited ("China Finance Online", or the "Company") (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors online access to securities, commodities and wealth management products, today announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Great Wall Securities Co. Limited ("Great Wall Securities"), to integrate Great Wall Securities' backend systems with China Finance Online's web-based trading platform, "Securities Master," or "Zhengquantong." Along with the Company's partnerships with CITIC Securities Co., Ltd. and Zhongshan Securities Co., Ltd., each of which has already gone live, the strategic partnership with Great Wall Securities will allow China Finance Online to continue to enhance its platform's depth by providing more comprehensive products and services and to further expand its broad user base.
Great Wall Securities was founded in 1995 and is one of the oldest nation-wide comprehensive securities firms in China. In 2013, it was awarded, among others, the "Best Investment Advisory Brand of China" and "Research Institution with Highest Potential."
China Finance Online's new partnership with Great Wall Securities will allow customers to open online accounts and to trade real-time. In addition, Great Wall Securities will be able to provide its new users from the Company's Securities Master platform with several high-quality financial advisory services.
"We are happy to announce this new partnership at this encouraging moment where the well-anticipated Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect will soon be launched," stated Zhiwei Zhao, Chairman and CEO of China Finance Online. "With Chinese government's accelerated opening of capital markets, our Company will take advantage of waves of regulatory change and keep standing at the forefront of financial innovations."
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors access to stocks, commodities and wealth management products. The Company's two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, are ranked as top financial websites in China. Through Securities Master and Yinglibao platforms, China Finance Online is a pioneer in China in providing integrated online securities trading and wealth management services.
In addition to the web-based securities trading platform, the Company offers financial software, information services and securities investment advisory services to retail investors in China. Through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Genius Information Technology Co. Ltd., the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. China Finance Online also provides brokerage services in Hong Kong.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our prospect on the web-based stock trading platform, Securities Master, and its integration with Great Wall Securities' backend systems;
- our prospect on the growth of our financial platform and online trading capabilities;
- our prospect on enhancing the depth of the Securities Master platform by providing more comprehensive products and services and expanding its user base;
- our prospect on our partnership with Great Wall Securities;
- our prospect on continuing to create financial innovations; and
- the market prospect of the business of internet finance.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the degree to which our strategic collaborations with partners will yield successful outcome;
- the prospect of integrating our newly launched web-based securities trading platform with our strategic partners' trading and settlement and backend system(s);
- the prospect for China's high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the prospect of equipping our customer specialists with new technology, tools and financial knowledge;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of internet finance and online securities trading;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under "Forward-Looking Information" and "Risk Factors". The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
China Finance Online Co. Limited
SOURCE China Finance Online Co., Ltd.