BEIJING, Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- China Finance Online Co. Limited ("China Finance Online", "we" or the "Company") (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors with access to securities, commodities and wealth management products, today announced that the Company has launched securities services in Hong Kong, which enables Chinese investors to open trading accounts to trade in real-time, Hong Kong securities, including all stocks listed on Hong Kong exchanges.
Our Hong Kong securities service is integrated into the Company's one-stop platform, Securities Master, which allows Chinese individual investors to trade online while having access to financial information and analytics, investment advisory service and wealth management products.
"The launch of our Hong Kong securities service is an important milestone to create a one-stop platform for multiple financial products in global securities markets," said Mr. Zhao, Chairman and CEO of the Company. "China Finance Online is committed to providing an ecosystem for our users to allocate assets and to invest across markets and countries."
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a leading web-based financial services company in China. The company provides Chinese retail investors with online access to securities, commodities and wealth management products, as well as financial database and analytics services to institutional customers. The Company's two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, are ranked among the top financial websites in China. In addition to the web-based securities trading platform, the Company offers basic financial software, information services and securities investment advisory services to retail investors in China. Through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Genius Information Technology Co., Ltd., the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. China Finance Online also provides brokerage services in Hong Kong. For more information, please visit http://www.chinafinanceonline.com/.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our prospect on our newly-launched Hong Kong securities service and its integration with our platform, Securities Master
- our prospect on attracting investors to use our Hong Kong securities service and our Securities Master platform; and
- the market prospect of the business of internet and mobile finance.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs and demands, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the prospect for China's high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the prospect of equipping our customer specialists with new technology, tools and financial knowledge;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of internet finance and online securities trading;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under "Forward-Looking Information" and "Risk Factors." The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
SOURCE China Finance Online Co. Limited